Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate the fact that I have to sell this, but this has just given me enough troubles.

have a ton of stuff for this car still sitting at home,

runs fine until I got pulled over by a cop. needs to go to the state referee... I was advised by my mechanic that I should put it to stock to pass smog. I can even refer you to my mechanic. I am reasonable with this car as it is my first car, as in if there are parts you do not want, well good for me because I want to buy another crx with nothing done and I can just put this in. I am willing to listen to any trades but 91 CRX's prefered!

specs:

91 crx si used to be black now ebp
17 tsw rims
roll cage
carbon hood with dohc bump
greddy turbo for 92-95
d16y6 vtec sohc
coilovers
clean interior
new motor 3 yrs old ( cant even count the other two, I only ran new motor in for the first year, didnt run mileage up at all, but 2nd and 3rd yr it was out of commission because I left it sitting at my parents house.)

pros:
new paint
new engine
clean interior
sparco seats

cons:
minor dent on top (can be fixed with $15 dent removal, its not a crushed metal or anything bad, well look for yourself)
unregistered
unsmogged ( I do not know the laws but once I sell it, new owner can smog it anywhere and not take it to the state "nazi" referee. Can I get a confirmation on this? if so then consider the sale closed because I am keeping it.)

pics current:
e-mail me for more info and better pics
craiglist crx

serious buyers/traders only. hurry before I change my mind which I really am considering if someone knows anything about the state ref laws.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3500 but am flexible because I need the cash. We can talk about it and I don't really mind negotiating like parts too. I want to keep some stuff too if you want the price lower. such as roll cage or carbon hood, or anything I can think off. shoot me an offer and I really just might consider it as long as it is still in tasteful condition. (please dont say 1,200 because the turbo alone cost me that, and it was only the kit not labor work. and the labor was not done by me it was by my trusty mechanic.)

Now if you say 1,500 plus payments or something.

I just want this gone by this month my parents are moving to a new location and I can't have the car at their house anymore. (I have another car)

Oh I live in LA but the car is at my parents in the Riverside area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BLAZE80 pm reply...

blaze80 said:
Just wondering if you still have the car? Why won't it pass smog?
because I put in a turbo, this can be fixed with certain things. If you have a crx and want to use it as parts car. If you have a greddy sticker that says the turbo is smog legal you can go to the state ref where it needs to be smogged for like $100 only under new ownership.In my case I put it off for too long (two years I get fined plus I need to have a fix on the car that needs to be over $400 in reciept and will have to pay for putting it back in stock.)

I would love to fix this myself but am done with college and cannot be into this car and put in the effort I had. I have rent to pay and other things life throws at me.I value my weekends and I cannot pay $800 just to put it back to stock. (mechanic told me) Now whoever is going to buy this Crx I assume should know how to take a block apart and the turbo. This is the best car for someone who has a crx parts car that is laying around to do certain swaps.

Overall I am fucked with the State ref on this car. I am going to post this in the thread as I am honest about my car and think this is valued info for the next guy.

Jeff

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah no problem J3T1P, Ill keep you updated. Hopefully a new racing clutch within the next couple weeks or so. Thanks for a great and clean CRX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.