Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car was picked up last week or so to get a b16a. at the time i i didnt have the motor in hand, the guy was going to find one and put it in for me. the mechanic is a long time friend, its just that he is lazy when it comes to shit for family / friends. i would be too in business. but anyway, instead of a b16a, he found a b18c1 for me. when i gave him the car i told either or, but preferably a b16a. its going to cost me pretty much the same for either motor to get installed. he is having the engine tested for compression and other miscellaneous parts right now. i was wondering should i go ahead with the gsr motor or wait until he finds the b16a. i wont do any hardcore racing with this car. its more to be a dependable daily driven car that also drives really fast.:cool:

hoping for a quick response. dont know what to do :confused:

i bought some JDM stuff for my car, i was duped. i thought it would be direct interchangeable parts but i guess not. but i was also wondering if anyone can help me with putting in a JDM a/c unit and also how to modify the JDM cluster to fit.

thanx

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Ummmmmmm GSR ..... Id go with that better performance and parts are easier found for it...... plus Im sure its a newer engine

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for reply

yeah, im leaning heavily towards the gsr motor. is their significant difference in b/w the performance? besides the 10 h/p. hows the torque on the two motors. which motor is better for higher end vs. lower end. the car is going to NC with my bro for rotations. and i want to be dependable for him. and its not really going to see heavy heavy city traffic like up here in philly.

also another question:
i had to get new seatbelts and after installing them, they no longer work. once the brakes are pressed, the seat belt still slacks, it doesnt lock and restrain the driver / passenger. any ideas?

·
Registered
194 Posts
umm, if it's going to cost about the same why go with a smaller engine? It's like Buying the 2 pack of hostess cupcakes rather than the 3 pack... they cost the same, but you get 3 in one pack...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decided to go with b18c1.

i wast confused for a long time, a few months back there were some threads saying that the b18c1 doesnt fit into the crx or something. and others saying of how well the swap is. but anyways its done deal for now to be b18c1. hope to get the car back in a week or so.

but what year tegs can the axles come out of?
ecu?
shift linkage?

i just want to be armed with this knowledge so when i talk to him i know he has the right stuff. im far away from home and the car. so i cant really go look at what the parts or anything. just trying to make sure the swap is going by the books.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
actually the axles you use depend on the mount kit you use

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i havent heard from the guy yet, i probably wont for another few days. but the last i heard from him, he was going to test the motor for compression, and he is going to pull everything from the same car. im guessing its a late model gsr. atleast 94 +. im not sure how he is planning to do the swap, the rest is on him, getting the right kit... but hes done swaps before. so its not that i dont think he knows what hes doing. its just that he does that shit ghetto style... so im guiding his work along the way making sure hes picking up the right stuff. i know that for a fact before he actually starts the motor swap. he is going to call me and we make sure that all the stuff is right before any work happens.

so will the parts from 94+ teg work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts