Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I barely press on the gas, I can feel like sputtering or hesitation can somebody tell me what that is: the EGR vavle, injectors, or fuel pump. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the exact same problem and it's been going on for months. I've checked the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor and they look good, but haven't replaced them to see if that is the problem. I also took my EGR valve off and it was pretty dirty. I have a question though? how do you clean the two ports that are under the egr valve without the gunk getting into the engine? mine are dirty. let me know if you find anything out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sosojdmaccord94 said:
Assuming you've checked plugs, wires, cap, and button...and you know its not your fuel filter, I would say EGR. How many miles do you have on it?
i got 196+ miles on the car, ive checked my plugs, rotor wires and everything, I'm thinking it's the injectors or my throttle body needs cleaning

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
asianstyle said:
I have the exact same problem and it's been going on for months. I've checked the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor and they look good, but haven't replaced them to see if that is the problem. I also took my EGR valve off and it was pretty dirty. I have a question though? how do you clean the two ports that are under the egr valve without the gunk getting into the engine? mine are dirty. let me know if you find anything out.
how did you get the EGR vavle off it looks hard to ge to.... and changing your rotor, sparks, distributor, wires don't help at all so save that money. I was going to change my fuel filter but it's hard to get to.

·
Registered
101 Posts
the EGR valve isn't that hard to get to I thought. It's right there on top below the throttle body a little. there's two nuts, a connector, and a vacuum hose holding it on. I have 204,000 miles on my 94 accord. and thanks for tip on not changing the spark plugs, etccc.. , I didn't feel like spending the money and it not work. I also had my fuel filter changed to see if it was the problem but that didn't work either. but when I took off my EGR valve it was dirty as hell, I scrapped a little of the gunk off, but was scared to scrap it off on the two ports that are under the valve b/c if i did the gunk would just fall into the ports.

·
Registered
389 Posts
ok heres a little test to see if its your EGR. There is a small gray hose that runs into the intake manifold on the very right side. (close to the fuel filter). It says "16" all the way down the line. its a vacuum line. disconnect it and see if the hesitation persists. if it stops, its your EGR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sosojdmaccord94 said:
ok heres a little test to see if its your EGR. There is a small gray hose that runs into the intake manifold on the very right side. (close to the fuel filter). It says "16" all the way down the line. its a vacuum line. disconnect it and see if the hesitation persists. if it stops, its your EGR
Im going to try that when I get off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
asianstyle said:
the EGR valve isn't that hard to get to I thought. It's right there on top below the throttle body a little. there's two nuts, a connector, and a vacuum hose holding it on. I have 204,000 miles on my 94 accord. and thanks for tip on not changing the spark plugs, etccc.. , I didn't feel like spending the money and it not work. I also had my fuel filter changed to see if it was the problem but that didn't work either. but when I took off my EGR valve it was dirty as hell, I scrapped a little of the gunk off, but was scared to scrap it off on the two ports that are under the valve b/c if i did the gunk would just fall into the ports.
I see where it is but what type of wrench did you use to get to it to get it off, because one loks pretty easy to get too but the other one on the intake side looks hard to get to

·
Registered
101 Posts
I used a 12mm socket with an extension, you will just have to hit it at an angle from the top, just be careful not to strip the bolt, it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
101 Posts
dumb question I guess. what exactly does the EGR valve do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
did you check the fuel pump pressure? my friend steve had the same problem and he was only getting 20 psi on the fuel pump he replaced it and BINGO problem solved.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts