Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 92 DX 5 speed has developed a hesitation when I accellerate almost feels like someone is hanging on the the back of the car.
It has 130,000 kms. Plugs replaced, electrical checks out, put an additive in the gas to no avail. Help?

· Registered
660 Posts
i would check the spark plugs again just to make sure,
and also it can also be your fuel pump, or maybe the clutch, but i dought it.

· Registered
494 Posts
You may also want to check your fuel filter. If anything gets stuck in it the fuel will be slowed down greatly. I have a friend that this has happened to before. I'm pretty sure the fuel filter is attached to the firewall a little to the left when looking straight at the engine from the front. You can pick up a new filter for fairly cheap. Hope this helps some.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies....I was supposed to also say that it burns oil on accelleration too. (oil rings need doing) But even though it burned some oil, it never felt like it was being dragged down before.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
in some case if u are burning to much oil then its time to upgrade ur weights to extend ur engine life. yet as everyone else said the hesitation may just be the fuel filter..reset ur ecu?

· Registered
3,081 Posts
replace fuel filter and clean your injectors...try that and tell us if the problem persists

· Registered
1,004 Posts
plug wires, cap, rotor... basically any ignition parts can be the cause of bogging down under acceleration. especially on hondas

· Registered
2,618 Posts
sorrie i wasnt so clear. your oil weight like 5w-40 and 10w-30. see if ur car is kinda getting old and ur burning mroe oil, that means you need to upgrade your oil weight. just a sugustion for u to think about.

· Registered
941 Posts
pushVTEC said:
Check the fuel filter, that was my problem. Also like they said check the plugs and maybe replace the wires. Check the rotor in the distributor as well.
i had the same problem that you are having, i did all this, but it didn't help. Advanced the timinmg just a tad, and it solved everything.

· Registered
108 Posts
martinez32 said:
i had the same problem that you are having, i did all this, but it didn't help. Advanced the timinmg just a tad, and it solved everything.
As Martinez32 states, I had the same problem and by advancing the distributor about 1mm, the problem was solve.

------------------------------------------------------------------
1994 Honda Civic D16Z6. If you don't like it, SUCK it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.