Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope you can help me....

im 17 and im buying my first car......to be precise a Honda Civic 1.5 lsi (1995)

I just want to ask a few questions....

How much will my insurance be? (im in the UK)
Once i get my body kit...will speed bumps give me problems?
Is the car i want any good?

thanx, thas all i want to know for now.....btw im buying it for £2,700, perfect condition coupe, is that good?

as you can see, this being my firts car, im a n00b to buying and cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw, if someone who gets a body kit, tyres, makes his car look nice and "fast" but has stock engine, would they be a "riceboy"?

·
Registered
278 Posts
well it all depends on your definition of rice. I personally think being a ricer is an attitude, for instance someone revs on you that has a kit and nothing under the hood , thats annoying and i consider them ricers. but if somebody just has a body kit to make their car look nice, i dont consider them ricers, its all in attitude.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i dont have the $$ to buy a turbo, AND then due to its power and me being 17 id have to pay 2k for insurance :\. I want to get a body kit, wings and so on, and mabye a exhaust which makes a little bit of noice to add up for the exteriour. Im not actually a showoff or anything, im doing this because i love cars and have always dreamed of having a fixed up car since i was small.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Civic 2002 said:
im 17 and im buying my first car......to be precise a Honda Civic 1.5 lsi (1995)
Good choice! Honda's a great cars! :cool:

How much will my insurance be? (im in the UK)
Expect it to be expensive. You're young and this is probably your first car. Your best bet would be to call around and ask.

Once i get my body kit...will speed bumps give me problems?
Is the car i want any good?
The bumps shouldn't be much of a problem. Maybe a little scrape depending on the kit you choose. You'll run in to problems when you lower it with a kit.

thanx, thas all i want to know for now.....btw im buying it for £2,700, perfect condition coupe, is that good?
Hoped what I said has helped a little. :) As for is a coupe "good", that's all personal preference. I personally like the coupe better, more sporty looking. Which also makes the insurance higher. :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thas great to hear, shame about the insurance :(

thanks alot for helping me, i wasnt very sure if i should have got it or not.

Thanx again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rice indeed

The car you are buying is not bad, with the right motivation you can make it fast. All that it will take is a quick motorswap, then think about doing the bodykit thing. You will be very ricey if you have a single cam motor with a bodykit that makes you look like your going 100mph standing still. Just a lil advice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was going to go for a drag generation 3 turbo kit, do i need a new engine?

the only reason i will start with the body kit first is due to my age and my insurance....

·
Registered
58 Posts
turbo

They sell turbo kits for single cams, I am not sure if they sell a drag 3 for a single cam but dude, with swap your going to be fast without a turbo, and hell if you can do the swap and turbo that motherfucker. you will easily run 12's.:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Civic 2002 said:
yeah i guess so...."moterswap" just puts me off :\ sounds scary :lol
Yes, but w/ a motor swap, you are replacing your high mileage drivetrain w/ a low mileage, stock, factory assembled motor and tranny that will still easily run for 200,000 miles, if you take care of it. Cant say that for a turbo.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yea i would love to do a swap on my DX hatchback, b16 or b18 i dunno but jeezus i dont know how u guys afford this shit im digging thru the couch cushions for quarters to change the oil and save for any mod i can...
when u do a swap....
a. where do you get the motor?
b. how much $ do they run?
c. what kinda labor costs to drop em in?
d. how much mods are necessary to the rest of ur internals to make the whole package run again?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Civic 2002 said:
btw, if someone who gets a body kit, tyres, makes his car look nice and "fast" but has stock engine, would they be a "riceboy"?
get 96, the 6th generation civics own, 2 door coupe! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I went with a '95 EX over a '00 EX because the 5th gen's are a little lighter than the newer ones and IMO can be made to look better (I don't really like the larger headlights). With just 300hp you could be in the 12's, go for an EX though, I got mine for $7000 with 65k on it (Should have been $9000) and it was in perfect condition so it was a good deal.

Go for whichever one you like, don't follow what the crowd likes.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Civic 2002 said:
sorry to bump this up, but would a supercharger be a better option, instead of a turbo/Nos/engine swap?
Either way it's going to cost about the same. Just that a turboed engine will allow for the max amount of hp.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts