Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How has everyone been? What are your plans for this summer for the car etc. I have a question thought - should I buy a new lip and paint that or get a CF lip? I cracked the one shown in the picture (it still mounts but the mounting tabs are snapped half way down) - mugen only no type r anymore. But yeah I have to do that get my 99-00 rear lip (my car was hit and I ended up getting a 99/00 rear bumper instead of a 96-98) and my SI spoiler and I am done with the outside. Oh does anyone have a spare foglight for sale?

Oh and yeah sorry for the size of the picture - I dont have photoshop on this computer so I had to resize with paint.

·
Registered
519 Posts
good to see ur back in action man! hope things are looking up for u :tu im planning on a lot of stuff for my car, motor, turbo, u know.. pretty much what everyone else is trying to do. If i was you i would just get a CF lip to match your Cf hood, just a question do u have CF mirrors? That would be hot if u had it running throughout your car man! but anywayz good to hear that everything is cool and hope to see that new lip around once u get it on..

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
naw theyre just authentic black JDM mirrors.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats what I am thinking once i get some money

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
The CF lip would look sweet with the hood. And if you got the mirrors. What kind of headlights are those?

Im planning on turboing my D, and I just picked up 2 b18's, so im in the process of building up one, then cranking up the boost :)

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are the mirrors I have (JDMs). As for the lip I am going to get that and a rear lip THE DAY AFTER I fix my clutch/axle. The headlights are just black housings I ordered off ebay. The aiming sucks but oh well they look nice. Now I can blind the people who blind me haha. (FUCK YOU H2)

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
CFactor said:
How has everyone been? What are your plans for this summer for the car etc. I have a question thought - should I buy a new lip and paint that or get a CF lip? I cracked the one shown in the picture (it still mounts but the mounting tabs are snapped half way down) - mugen only no type r anymore. But yeah I have to do that get my 99-00 rear lip (my car was hit and I ended up getting a 99/00 rear bumper instead of a 96-98) and my SI spoiler and I am done with the outside. Oh does anyone have a spare foglight for sale?

Oh and yeah sorry for the size of the picture - I dont have photoshop on this computer so I had to resize with paint.

dats a nice looking ride man.

looks good and long time no see.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
mmmmm I say go with the carbon fiber, for the back lip too if you can find one, I know somebody makes them....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Carbon Fiber lip!!! :clap

My plans include....

Koni Yellows SP3's Neuspeed edition
Neuspeed Sport Springs
Skunk2 rear undertie bar
Skunk2 battery tie down
Skunk2 double bend short shift.... to replace my Ractive unit.. :eek:
Skunk2 shift knob
Spoon front undertie bar
Spoon rad cap
Spoon reservoir covers
Spoon c/f mirrors..... to replace my M3's :bh
VIS Spoon style c/f spoiler
VIS OEM style c/f hood
OEM tailights..... to replace my Altezzas!!! :hehe :clap
Greddy catch can
Repaint valve cover
Start saving for B16 swap.... next summer... ;)

I'll post some pics when this is all together. So far I'm in the process of installing the suspension and my Dad is fabing a homemade rear subframe tearout kit/reinforcements. The c/f goodies are not on yet... due to the car going in for a touch up on it's clear coat.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i dunno how the CF rear lip would look though cause I like having colormatched sides. And I am eventually going to get a CF mugen lip - not the VIS one that hangs so low though.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
CFactor said:
yeah i dunno how the CF rear lip would look though cause I like having colormatched sides. And I am eventually going to get a CF mugen lip - not the VIS one that hangs so low though.
i dont like cf lips on the rear, but the mugen on the front would be pretty hot

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
looks good. im trying to figure out a way to keep the R and get rid of the ep but i doubt it. but if i can keep the R i will just save up to drop the turbo in and if i keep the ep i will do a few exterior mods*dont want to void the warrenty*remove i-vtec stickers/civic/si/mud flaps and black out the lights

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
IMO, get a new mugen style lip and paint it.

My car modding has basically died out becuase of a lack of funds. I am purchasing a stealth thermal once my RS*R completely rusts out. I also plan to do a tune up; timing belt/water pump etc in the summer. Other than those few things i'm basically done until I get a job(or until summertime :) ).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.