Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im obviously new to the forum. Im also new to building honda's I just got a 98 civic hatch, the car came with all the stuff done to it. I would like to know what the engine is. Is it a b series. Im pretty sure its a 1.6 vtec. It feels like it, and who ever owned it before me put a switch near the steering wheel (possibly vtec controller?) I cant really tell if it is or isn't. I would also like to know where I can get some hood pins and some pollish for the carbon fiber hood. Thanks

The other cars I have owned and worked on:
91 celica gt (238hp)
90 nissan sentra 1.6 tbi (140hp)
84 pontiac fiero 350sb (300hp)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
its a d16. wanna share all the stuff thats been done to it?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Randomhero said:
so possibly a D16 unless the previous owner swapped it.
lol. it could be. "ALL the stuff has been done to it" :D

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it from a dealership, the car only had 60000 thousand miles. I checked over the motor before I bought it. I checked the plugs too, the were not new but they were in good shape. Mechanically the car is fine. I dont think who ever owned it beat on it to bad. He did do alot of stuff though, It has aem cold air intake, aem fuel pressure regualtor, msd spark plug wires, denso iridium plugs, headers (I cant tell which brand) 4-2-1, I has jdm side skirts so Ive been told, Projector head light (I want to get rid of because there those gay fake carbon fiber ones, the tail lights are matching) AC strut bar, AC indiglo gauges, Short shifer (dont know which brand) Lowered, and soon a type r carbon fiber front lip that I found new for 60 bucks. I need to buy and exhaust though. Maybe you guys can give me some ideas, I was thinking the tanabe ultra medallion if the make if for this car, I haven't checked yet.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
look at the stamp on the engine on the passenger side. it will say what engine it is. the easiest way to tell though is if the valve cover says VTEC or DOHC VTEC. if it says DOHC VTEC then its the one of the high output b-series. if it just says VTEC, then you have the over-rated SOHC VTEC motor that ricers seem to be fond of.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea it is the overated 1.6 vtec motor, which is fine with me ill just beat the crap out of it untill it blows and then put something different in there or get a different car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts