Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Hey Nitrous question

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  civicN10sec 
#1 ·
Hey, has anyone had this problem? Sometimes when i purge my nitrous i can't see the mist. I i have a warmer to keep the pressure up. It does it sometimes then other times it doesnt. Does the temp outside have anything to do with it? Im sure this is a novice question. Thanx anyway.

#3 ·
well its like 80F here at night. I had full pressure. So it should be normal that i don't see the purge everytime. It usually does that if the pressure is low. How long do you normally purge at a time.

#5 ·
DrivinVtec said:
if u want to see it try getting one of those indiglo purge kits. i think zex makes one. its not my thing thow. hows the 50shot in your car. feel out?make a difference?
Yeah it made a huge diff. I just raced my friends g35 and i just thought i would do better ya know. Its like low 14's though in the quater mile. I raced my brothers crx with a b16a i/h/e SI model and i beat him and sometimes he beats me He said though if i drove my consistant that i am faster i alwasy race him on a roll not from a top yet. I was just curious b/c like when i purge it it comes out alot of it comes out. To go from that much to none just seems akward.

#10 ·
humidity has alot to do with how visable your purge is as well as how far the up it goes wile still being visable. the hotter it is does have somthing to do with it but not near as much as the humidity

#11 ·
RoadRageMotors said:
humidity has alot to do with how visable your purge is as well as how far the up it goes wile still being visable. the hotter it is does have somthing to do with it but not near as much as the humidity
I live in new orleans with a lot of humidity. Now i have another problem that i need some help on. This is concerning a bottle warmer. I thought when you have a bottle warmer it would keep my nitrous at 950 psi or around that. Even when the bottle is getting low. I even bypassed the thermostate and let the bottle heat up and the pressure never rose. Anyone have any ideas?

#12 ·
a bottle warmer will only keep the perasure up alittle it is more for makeing sure your nos stays above 70 degrees because below that you are running a larger shot since the gasses are not as expanded if you keep running the heater with out the thermastat you will most likely just fry your heater

#14 ·
Z284U2TRY said:
side note: Dynotune is haveing a sale on there psi regulated heaters. for 100 dollars. You purge is directly related to the humidity in the air. Just after it rains mine is huge. Dry days I can only see about a foot or so out of the tube.
Yeah i had like 600 psi. The bottle is empty. :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.