Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
IMO, the 92-95 Civic hatchbacks are the best looking Civic model ever as well as one of the best looking hatchbacks ever, along with the Corrado.

It was the first car I ever liked.

Back when I was 12, when I thought driving was lame and a chore, because I didn't know any better, I was building an electric car in my junior high school class.

There was a guy who did conversions for a living, and he was helping us build it.

One day, he drove up in his personal car.

A red 92 hatchback, with the rear seats ripped out and replaced with batteries.

It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, and I've loved them ever since.

I finally got my dream car.

·
Registered
728 Posts
not to make it long but is the truth....I had an '87 Si hatchback, it had 220,000 miles and ran like a charm....after this snot nose kid ran a stop sign I lost my most reliable ride......so why not buy another Si.....so in Nov.99 I bought my 2000 Si only because of the reliability ........not knowing there was a following like here or those other clubs online....no idea....isn't that a kicker?
So how about them apples....funny but true...... :rolleyes: :D

My fiancee wanted me to buy an Acura Integra....but since it was my final decision ...well the rest is obvious.............:sleep:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I had a 98 MR Dx coupe..... and ever since i see and EBP SI!!! ohh man i almustCUm so i Buy one and sell that piece of shitt!1 hahah!;)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
After I graduated, a few months later I drove to the dealership and saw my car right there in the front of the main building and I knew right then that was my car. The EBP Si of course I didnt know it at the time that their was such a huge following like mention b4. When I got my car it only had 3 miles and thats b4 my test drive so I knew the car was all mine from the begining.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got my first REAL car a little over one year ago! The reason i say real is cause my first was a 87'chrystler station wagon....Anyway, my car was given to me by my grandparents (they are cool) and its a 91' civic hatchback si. Personally i thought it was a crapper when i first saw it, but i made it awsome ever since i found out by driving experience that they can be fast! So i put the following mods in, and its all good! :D :D 0-60:7.5 :D :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
wanted a 2000 HB new and couldn't find one. I got the last FBP Si in the state of TX instead

·
Registered
156 Posts
Before my SI, I had a 97 EX Coupe MR. I notice a booklet at the dealership telling about the SI and what it had. I thought, man I would like to have one. ABout a year and a half later, I got one. I wanted blue but a guy at work had one and I came upon a red one at a very good deal in the local newspaper. For the price I paid for the 97 EX, is the same as I paid for the 2000 SI. Go figure. Enjoying it every since. But I wish though I had another form of transportation so I could keep it in the garage.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've got 2 stories for you...

The Si had been out for about six months, I was just getting into the import scene. I had just picked up a 91 Teg and my gf was looking to unload her 89 Blazer. She had driven through the local Honda dealer lot a few times and spoted the EBP Si. She fell in love with the color. After looking and dreaming for a few weeks we finally took it for a test drive. The first time the car hit the big cam it was all over. We drove home in her new car that day.

My car I had been wanting for about a year. I had swapped in a B16A and done all the bolt on stuff but I was getting tired it. Plus it needed some body work to make it look good again. I had seen a few FBP Si's around and I told the dealer we bought the first Si from to let me know if a black one comes in. I never heard from him. We went to work one day and some idiot had sent a package to the bank we work at and said it had anthrax in it. Of course the building was evacuated. After standing around for a few hours we decided to leave. We picked up out daughter and went for a drive. Just driving through the Honda lot, there it sat. A quick test drive and I had a new car.

Yes thats right we have two 2000 Si's.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My 97 Civic DX was stolen, and stripped. So I went out looking at cars, and I know the manager of south tacoma honda so I hit there first. They did not have much but they said they could order me a 2000 SI, but I did not want to wait for a car. Next few days I get a call that they have a 99 civic si that just came in. The next day I went down there and fell in love with her. I had 4000 to put down, but I did not want to pay the 20,000 they wanted for the car. So I told them that I would only pay 17,400 which was a little lower than blue book at the time, and since I had already bought one car from them they made the deal. After they made out the paper work, and got it cleaned and ready for me I put down the 4000 to cut a little off my payments.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Cause my 1993 Civic Ex wasn't competitive enough for autocrossing. Need something quicker and faster out of the box :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well my story was that I have had bad luck with used cars in the past. I had a 93 Civic Lx that died in the highway in the middle of rush hour. The next day I traded it in for a 1999 Civic EX coupe automatic (first and last auto! :D). I wanted to try something different, anyways a couple months down the road I went in for service on my EX. That was the first time I saw and heard of a new Si. I froze in my tracks and was hypnotized by the Electron Blue color. Then I saw the engine DOHC VTEC. I was sooooooo pissed that I didn't hear about this car hitting the streets. I would have gotten it in the first place! From that day I said to myself... "this car will be mine some day." I started seeing them on the streets. Everytime I saw one pass by, I was like damn. Then I discovered SHO.... Oh did that make me want an Si even more. :D After a year of the Auto Ex I was fed up with it. Why did I get an Auto?! One day I was going to school and there it was. I saw my car sitting in the parking lot of my local Honda dealer. Without hesitation, I pulled in and asked for a test drive. As soon as I left the parking spot, I was already sold. I came back and said I want this car.... and the rest is history. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
POWER

what elese ...

abot the test drive Kloth said ...

I saw my car for first time 6 monts after I had paid it :)
No test Drive ... only Tech Specs and Pics

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well my parents are super rich. I already have an M3 & Audi S4. Daddy and mommy won't let me have a Ferrari until I'm married. So I have to deal with these cars till then. I wanted a cheap crappy car I could take to the demolition derby and have some fun, so I bought the Si. Yeah right!!!:D

My 90' Accord broke, it cost too much to fix, so I bought an Si. Best car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wellf or me it all started when my sister bought a 98 Si (EX to you americans). The car was cool and pretty fast i guess. And when it came time to buy a good car when I was out of school and stuff, I was looking at 93 Si's and stuff. But when I wen to the dealership, there sat a 2000 Si and SiR. No tknowing much about civic's at the time. I drove the lower end model first. It was cool and all that. When I got back I was like how much more for the SiR?? Not much more really for what you get!! DOHC VTEC, Rims, better clutch and gearbox. Then I took it for the test and it only had like 8 km on it. That was enough for me. I signed the paper's and drove her home. Then after like a week I was looking into performance parts and they are endless. Ever since Sept 22 2000...I've been in love!!!!!:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
bore my 2000 si i had a 98 ex and before that i had a 96 ex and before that i had a 95 ex......HONDA FOR LIFE...if i could afford it my next car will be a 2003 acura 3.2tl type s..thats my dream car..i almost got a v6 2 door accord..but i love my civic...

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
B series engine, reliable, easy to mod, and gotta love anything in EBP.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts