Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need specs for an '89 and diff between '90

hey im new to this forum so i thought id make a thread to introduce myself and ask a few q's :)

so yea hi, im stompy (clearly not my real name) i own a 3 door, integra ls 89 with just under 250k's on the clock, its pretty much stock except for a new cd player, and steering wheel. its my first car and at the moment am tryna learn as much as i can about the car itself, different mods which can be done (when i get some $$ :) ) specs, etc. as well as some car terminology...

my questions:
whats the difference (if any) between an 89 teg and a 90? i have been looking around at body kits and things like that and they mostly seem to cut off at 1990. so i am wondering if i can still get it on my 89, or if i have to keep looking...

what are some specs of an 89 ls? i have seen some stuff on the torque and hp so far but i cant seem to find much more...

final question:
i have a bit of the black side skirting come off on my passanger side after i nudged a pole, the car is fine and so is the skirting, but i cant seem to re-attach it (one of the plastic bits fell down inside the car) is there a simple fix to the problem of re-attaching? or should i just go find somewhere that will put it back on?

cheers
looking forward to getting to know you all, and lern some stuff :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
dude, its a 89 teg. I would seriously reconsider putting any money into that thing. Its a good first car but moding it is pointless. 90-93 integras are like mine.
Any thing older than that is the kind you have. They make very few parts for the 1st gen tegs. I think those side trim peices are hard to put back on. My DOHC trim peice came off the side of my car(well it was gone when I bought the car) and I have no plans on fixing it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i wanna get it on just cause it sticks out like a sore thumb... as for putting money into the car i wasnt gonna put any serious money into it, just clean it up a bit...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I have a question. Is your 89 the equivalent of a usdm 90 integra? Because I know that in japan, the cars came out a year earlier. So in essence, does your integra have flip up lights or the long one pieces?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
dude, its a 89 teg. I would seriously reconsider putting any money into that thing. Its a good first car but moding it is pointless. 90-93 integras are like mine.
Any thing older than that is the kind you have. They make very few parts for the 1st gen tegs. I think those side trim peices are hard to put back on. My DOHC trim peice came off the side of my car(well it was gone when I bought the car) and I have no plans on fixing it.
Are you kidding? He has the ZC motor and there is alot of support for it.
http://www.team-integra .net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=41

118 horsepower, double wishbone suspension, equal length halfshafts to minimize torque steer. Just look for "ZC" engine parts when shopping and the best places to buy are the classified forums at SHO, team - integra, and honda - tech dot com.

This guy hit low 13s with bolt ons and light nitrous! The stock motor is quite a contender.
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264328&highlight=ego

Another link
http://www.g1teg.org/phpbb/

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
Hey, dumbass- its not a 1st gen. 2nd Gen starts in 1990 in the US, but everywhere else, the 89 is a 2nd gen. Were delayed... hense the reason we JUST got the Honda Fit, but Mugen had a K20 in one over a year and a half ago. :rolleyes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Hey, dumbass- its not a 1st gen. 2nd Gen starts in 1990 in the US, but everywhere else, the 89 is a 2nd gen. Were delayed... hense the reason we JUST got the Honda Fit, but Mugen had a K20 in one over a year and a half ago. :rolleyes
would that mean that US sites cutting off their products at 1990 would still still be fine for my car, cause its the same as a 1990 US version? if that makes sense :eek:

umm also off topic. how do i get a picture in my siggy? i thought i had it figured out but it dosnt seem to be showing up when i post... or am i just weird and its showing up?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If your going to be buying products for your car, (at least if they're from the US or Canada) you're going to be getting it from a 1990. And there is ALOT of aftermarket support for your car. Good luck! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Stompy said:
would that mean that US sites cutting off their products at 1990 would still still be fine for my car, cause its the same as a 1990 US version? if that makes sense :eek:

umm also off topic. how do i get a picture in my siggy? i thought i had it figured out but it dosnt seem to be showing up when i post... or am i just weird and its showing up?
Yes, the US 1990 is the same as your 89.

For the signature, go to User CP (in the top left of your screen), and click edit signature.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:

Says the guy who put parts into a 4 door 130 hp car?

The ZC motor is stout. My buddy just swapped a ZC into his 93 and is making great power on boost....

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Yes, the US 1990 is the same as your 89.

For the signature, go to User CP (in the top left of your screen), and click edit signature.

To go along with that you need to host the picture on the SHO photopost. If you click on the quicklinks link then go down to photo gallery, you should be able to find the upload photos command and get yourself uploaded. Then just get your picture, right click and properties to get the url. Then paste that URL into the IMG brackets (or just click the little picture next to the hyperlink on the post) and voila...picture! PM me if you have any questions and Ill help you out further.

Make sure to shrink the picture first.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
tegra90LS said:
To go along with that you need to host the picture on the SHO photopost. If you click on the quicklinks link then go down to photo gallery, you should be able to find the upload photos command and get yourself uploaded. Then just get your picture, right click and properties to get the url. Then paste that URL into the IMG brackets (or just click the little picture next to the hyperlink on the post) and voila...picture! PM me if you have any questions and Ill help you out further.

Make sure to shrink the picture first.
The picture can be hosted anywhere. As long as its hosted, the location doesnt matter. Mines on photobucket.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.