Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of gathering parts to add a 14b turbo to my D16a6 - 90 civic si hatch. I understand that I will need a hf header to mount my turbo to, but when I went to the pick and pulls, all of the model numbers were missing. When I say model numbers I mean hf, si, ect... I am not sure how to tell if the civic I was looking at was a hf. What sitcker says what model number the car is, and what am I suposto look for as HF hints. I know exactually what a hf header looks like, but the header sheild is always in the way.

Adam

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well the HF was a CRX... so if your looking at HB's stop...

There really isn't a way to tell the HF's from another model with the exception of the color or the badge. The Si's had two tail pips and the HF's had one.. but so did the DX base models.

A lot of HF's were Yellow and that is pretty much a good give away. I think only a few Si's were yellow and I don't think any DX models were yellow.

The easiest way is just to pop the hood and look at the motor.. Yeah.. I know.. obviously.. but your in a junk yard... no one cares.. check them all.

·
Registered
471 Posts
take the heat shield off. look for features that identify si, dx, etc... , dpfi, mpfi, yeah look at the engine code like d15b2 etc...

·
Registered
139 Posts
haha... maybe I should read the entire thread...

HF... MPFI.. just like the Si.. EXCEPT the throttle body is only about 30mm in diameter.. the Si is UN-MISTAKABLY larger..

Not to mention that the enitre intake manifold looks small and "NOT QUITE RIGHT.."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts