Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Civic EX 2 door. I was thinking about getting a Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter. I saw some on eBay. Bombz and OBR Racing. I have a stock exhaust on my car and stocl intake manifold. My friend told me to just change this out because the catty restricts so much air. I do not want to get a Cat-Back exhaust at this time. Will I still see a difference in performance with just changing this? Also, can anyone recommend a brand. One that will still pass emissions?
thanks!

· Registered
3,783 Posts
vtec_127 said:
I have a 98 Civic EX 2 door. I was thinking about getting a Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter. I saw some on eBay. Bombz and OBR Racing. I have a stock exhaust on my car and stocl intake manifold. My friend told me to just change this out because the catty restricts so much air. I do not want to get a Cat-Back exhaust at this time. Will I still see a difference in performance with just changing this? Also, can anyone recommend a brand. One that will still pass emissions?
thanks!
I heard Carsound was a good brand for a hi-flow cat. As far as performance, I really doubt your going to feel any gains unless you dyno'ed it. If you want performance get a hi-flow cat and a cat-back exhaust to see gains. Make sure to accompany that with some headers. Your friend is right about the catalytic converter restricting the flow of gases, but what about after the cat? The piping is restrictive as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.