Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I would like to say hi to all of you guys here.

Anyways i have a 96 ex honda accord and it keeps making this really annoying noise when i am braking. THe sound from what I can think off/hear is coming from the rear left side( everything from the passenger seat to the trunk). THe noise is somewhat squeaky and very annoying. It only happens when i brake and I was wondering what it can be? Could it be the brakes? Suspension? Maybe the Seat? For some reason my driver seat is very noisey, like when u move around in it, it makes alot of noise. THis car is pretty much stock, so any input would be helpful. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Sounds like a brake sensor to me. Time for new pads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK BRAKES ARE DESIGNED WITH A BRAKE INDICATOR BUILT INTO THE PAD. WHAT THIS DOES IS CREATES A NOISE WHEN THE BRAKES HAVE REACHED A CERTAIN THICKNESS, OR IT COULD JUST BE CONDENSATION ON THE ROTORS AFTER IT RAINED OR JUST MORNING DEW. THE BEST ADVICE IS TO TAKE IT TO A RESPECTABLE SHOP AND HAVE A BRAKE INSP. PERFORMED. IF I WAS YOU I WOULD HAVE THIS PERFORMED IN A TIMELY MANNER, BECAUSE IF YOU DRIVE IT FOR TO LONG IT COULD GO METAL TO METAL CREATING A COSTLY REPAIR. OH YA SPRAY SOME SILICONE ON THE BRACKETS UNDER YOUR SEAT. IT SHOULD STOP THAT SQUEAK. :number1

·
Registered
968 Posts
yeah, just get a brake inspection, also i am pretty sure you will need pads, do you know when the last time you replaced them?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
welcome to superhonda :tu

just listen to what everyone else had to say, they pretty much covered it all :nod

good luck :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
ACCORDTUNR said:
OK BRAKES ARE DESIGNED WITH A BRAKE INDICATOR BUILT INTO THE PAD. WHAT THIS DOES IS CREATES A NOISE WHEN THE BRAKES HAVE REACHED A CERTAIN THICKNESS, OR IT COULD JUST BE CONDENSATION ON THE ROTORS AFTER IT RAINED OR JUST MORNING DEW. THE BEST ADVICE IS TO TAKE IT TO A RESPECTABLE SHOP AND HAVE A BRAKE INSP. PERFORMED. IF I WAS YOU I WOULD HAVE THIS PERFORMED IN A TIMELY MANNER, BECAUSE IF YOU DRIVE IT FOR TO LONG IT COULD GO METAL TO METAL CREATING A COSTLY REPAIR. OH YA SPRAY SOME SILICONE ON THE BRACKETS UNDER YOUR SEAT. IT SHOULD STOP THAT SQUEAK. :number1
that is a very informative for sound purpose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts