Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the ANZO projector/halo headlights for my 2000 Si. I was thinking I wanted to go with 6000K HID setup in these lights. I'm new to this end of modification and frankly electrical is not my thing. Is there anything I need to know before I spend the money on all this? Will the electrical system support this? I don't have a stereo or any other electrical mods. I'm sick of not being able to see what's in front of me (there's lots of deer on fort drum). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just bought the ANZO projector/halo headlights for my 2000 Si. I was thinking I wanted to go with 6000K HID setup in these lights. I'm new to this end of modification and frankly electrical is not my thing. Is there anything I need to know before I spend the money on all this? Will the electrical system support this? I don't have a stereo or any other electrical mods. I'm sick of not being able to see what's in front of me (there's lots of deer on fort drum). Any suggestions?
I'll share my experience with you. I had a 93 Civic with projectors and HID lowbeams. Your projectors, I assume, have high and low separate, like mine. Mine used an H3 Low & H1 High, compared to stock 9003 dual beam, single bulb. The inside of the projector had the H&L wired together into a 9003 socket. In order for the H3 lowbeam HID to work, I had to cut the lowbeam wire off the 9003 socket and splice it into the H3 wire. Now, everything worked right, but because of the splice, I had issues here and there when the lights would have trouble turning on; either only 1 would come on or neither. I believe it's because I cut the wires and didn't use the plugs it came with.
I never had trouble with the car's electrical system and I never changed fuses. Nothing ever overloaded either. Keep in mind, this Civic was a 93, and I can't promise everything will be fine on yours.
When it comes to money, HIDs are worth 1 to 3 hundred, in my opinion. I've seen 4300K, 5000K, 6000K & 8000K. If you want to see the best, go with 4300K. It's the brightest, but it doesn't have the blue tint; more of a yellow/violet/white hue. Strange, I know, but that's what it looked like. The 6000K you're looking at is good, but there isn't a huge difference over stock halogen bulbs, because it's a darker color, so not as bright.

I hope this answers your questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts