Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious if i am able to put HID into my projection head lights, i have 2 beam projections!!.. Was lookin at a philips !! can it be done? is there a lot of mods to make it fit?

Thankx

BIll

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
There are a few things to consider when considering upgrading a projector kit to HID.

First, projectors generally have a lower intensity than their OEM reflector counterparts, so it makes perfect sense to put in a brighter HID bulb to compensate, right?

Well, there are two main variables with adding HID to an aftermarket projector headlight kit.

We all know that a great deal of the "trendy" aftermarket parts made my ambiguous manufacturers: red clear tails, clear corners, strut bars, carbon fiber hoods, etc. are not always of the *highest* quality, and the manufacturer often does not produce the part to exact Honda measurement specifications.

Thus, it's hard to tell if:

a) The HID bulb will FIT into the projector housing (since the HID bulbs are longer than their halogen counterparts)

b) that the projectors will be properly ALIGNED so that the bright HID light does not leak into policemen's eyes. :eek:

If you can get an HID kit with a money-back guarantee, I'd say go for it. However, combining one aftermarket headlight kit with another aftermarket HID kit, one might get unpredictable results.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Someone a while back posted picture of his projector with a H3 HID kit, it looked good by the pictures and fitment was not a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts