Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a h.i.d kit and was wondering if anyone has any pics of where they put the ballasts.. just lookin for some ides so it doesnt look sloppy.. its going to be in a 93 civic ex coupe.. also any pics of any civics with h.i.deeez nuts.. thanks

· Registered
1,221 Posts
i just got a h.i.d kit and was wondering if anyone has any pics of where they put the ballasts.. just lookin for some ides so it doesnt look sloppy.. its going to be in a 93 civic ex coupe.. also any pics of any civics with h.i.deeez nuts.. thanks
i mounted mine on the side of the shock tower bung.... sorry no pics. but you could also mount them where the factory intake hole is... (they are water proof)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excuse my ignorance but im new to hondas.. is the factory intake hole in the inner part of the fender? i have nothing to go by here. when i bought mine it had an aftermarket intake already installed.. and how was the install? it seems pretty strait forward

· Registered
39 Posts
lol i kno man, youtube got too many gayy videos that allt he good ones are hidden, but yea im getting my hids too, but like im kinda worried about the 8000k, like in torono i see soo many cars with 8000k and im not sure if its legal or not, i dont wanna get pulled over or anything.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
lol i kno man, youtube got too many gayy videos that allt he good ones are hidden, but yea im getting my hids too, but like im kinda worried about the 8000k, like in torono i see soo many cars with 8000k and im not sure if its legal or not, i dont wanna get pulled over or anything.
8ks normally arent legal. i run with 6ks all day anad have never been pulled over and i used to rock 6k head lights with 3ks in the fogs. and never had any problems. and most hids are straight plug and play dude. at least the ones i sell are.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a set of 8k's waiting to go in my civic..legal or not around here im not sure theyre even a thought to cops around here.. ive seen some blinding lights on some cars driving around and none have ever been pulled over

· Registered
86 Posts
Pic if it helps/ Might or might not :)

Hey guys I am new to doing work on my car but not really noob to Hondas. Here is a pic I found online (GOOGLE WORKS) where the guy put his HID Ballast. You might be able to modify something to hide it or extend it. Better yet might even be able to add a dimmer switch to it if you are scared of cops (But wouldn't the dimmer switch also change the color of the Xenon bulb, ??). Can't hurt...only thing you would need is to extend the cable and cover it. But if you keep in near something that might be really hot, I would add some flexible heat shielding/wrapping to it.

NO Promise but I might be able to get you a code for a cheapo HID kit. Think it's good/never used it but I think with the coupon it might be worth it.

Attachments

· Registered
39 Posts
ok i officially hate the civics light bulbs... that spring tat hey have to hold the light bulb in place.. is really annoying... i attached my ballast to the rad mount... i think thats whats its called... my boi has a teg and on his teg it was really easy to install took him like 5 mins... took me like 30 mins cuz its a pain to install the bulb... so did u get ur hids on?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.