Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,575 Posts
Any HID look alikes are suppose to give off color and less of an illumination. Meaning more color less light. You are more likely to get into an accident and hit something in the road with those bulbs...trust me they dont help for shit.

The ones Id recommend are stock, true HID kits, or PIAA bulbs that have more wattage and dont have XENON gas.

BUt do keep in mind, raising the wattag will cause more heat and will most likely melt the wire harness.

If you reallly want more vision at night save your money and gor for a true HID kit, it brighter, uses less power and can save your life at night

· Registered
2,575 Posts
they probably burn out cause you touch the bulb with your fingers. The oil on your fingers will cause the bulb to get hot and hotter until BAM..your shit is dead.

Or company's like APC or any other make your bulbs die out so quickly so you can go and buy another pair of those infamous XENON bulbs...the world wil never know:rolleyes:

· Registered
153 Posts
yeah just get the PIAAs. or Sylvania cool blues or silverstars if u wanna save some money. the HID replacements suck the most on wet roads at nite. u can barely see anything. only reflections off of road signs and markers.

· Registered
784 Posts
i've gone threw many types of bulbs, and IMHO any type of hid/lookalike sucks when driving in the rain, esepcially with the street lights glaring the road anyway.

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JHD_DA said:
yeah just get the PIAAs. or Sylvania cool blues or silverstars if u wanna save some money. the HID replacements suck the most on wet roads at nite. u can barely see anything. only reflections off of road signs and markers.

So the silverstars and Sylvania cool blues do not give off that yellow tint? Im lookin for something that dosent give off that tint.
Thanks guys for the info.

· Registered
271 Posts
the silverstars does give a little yellow tint. the coldblues don't but i can't see crap with those coolblue bulb's. I have 9005 highbeams in my low beams. I can see a lot better then i could before. Well my nokya 9005's give off a lot of light, is no just white. it has a tint of blue too.

· Registered
49 Posts
G2Tegra: a little off topic here, but about your sig. you plan on getting a cold air intake and header and turbo? i hope you know if you plan on going turbo, you won't be using the cold air intake and header. so if you are really set on going turbo, don't waste your money on a cold air intake and header, might as well use that money towards the turbo kit.

· Registered
153 Posts
G2Tegra said:
So the silverstars and Sylvania cool blues do not give off that yellow tint? Im lookin for something that dosent give off that tint.
Thanks guys for the info.
from personal experience with these bulbs, the cool blues have a slight blue tint but look pretty white. still almost like regular bulbs but a little whiter. the silverstars r mostly white and brighter than cool blues. rite now im using 15 dollar a pair lite glow xenon hid bulbs. they were hella cheap so i tried them out. but i got some cool blues and PIAAs for when it rains.

· Registered
14,616 Posts
spikeymike said:
G2Tegra: a little off topic here, but about your sig. you plan on getting a cold air intake and header and turbo? i hope you know if you plan on going turbo, you won't be using the cold air intake and header. so if you are really set on going turbo, don't waste your money on a cold air intake and header, might as well use that money towards the turbo kit.
nice catch spikey.. gotta look out for the g2ers!

thread topic.. i like the piaa platinums that are in my headlights & fogs. they aren't blue and they are bright. now i just need some 194s that match that ever-so-slight purplish tint....anybody got some?

· Registered
20 Posts
get the SHOWOFF KRYPTON SERIES bulbs, they are awesome, i had them in my car for over a year and no problems..blue tint is hot!!! i recomend them sooooo much.

they have both krypton and xenon gas in them..

mike

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
spikeymike said:

heh, i dont plan on getting turbo soon.:D I/H/E will be first for meh. maybe this coming spring, man winter sucks!:mad:

Edit: putting a CAI , the battery dosent have to be moved does it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.