Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was heading back to NC from ATL on I-85 coming back from nopi nationals and me and this other accord start to go at it............... we are pulling about 110-120 ....... side by side, and a truck pulls in from of me going the speed limit , (like 75) so thats like hitting a brick wall at 50 mph.......... so i miss him by like 3 feet, and i start fishtailing at 115 mph.,,......and after sliding accross the hgihway 3 or 4 times i straightened it out.......... it was the most scary fuckin thing ever, i could have died,........ im sticking to drag racing

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
erollinc said:
ok i was heading back to NC from ATL on I-85 coming back from nopi nationals and me and this other accord start to go at it............... we are pulling about 110-120 ....... side by side, and a truck pulls in from of me going the speed limit , (like 75) so thats like hitting a brick wall at 50 mph.......... so i miss him by like 3 feet, and i start fishtailing at 115 mph.,,......and after sliding accross the hgihway 3 or 4 times i straightened it out.......... it was the most scary fuckin thing ever, i could have died,........ im sticking to drag racing
glad you learned your lesson.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
it's a rush though isn't it? haha i take it easy in the corners and highways nowadays too... but one day imma take of to the track and abuse the hell out of the car...

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
erollinc said:
i've never gone any faster than 100 on my car. The reason why i don't go any faster is because our cars aren't meant to be ran at such high speeds, especially accords. Plus at those speeds there are little room for error, make a mistake, your dead. glad you learned your lesson.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
i was diving with some dumb shits at the start of the summer when these guys(from left to right lanes : 90 teg rs, 97 civic dx sedan, and rx7 turbo 2). they drove for a few miles taking up all 3 cruising lanes side by side until a police car arrived behind them. during these time periods they would speed up and slow down.
eventually at about 90 mph the teg gets off of the gas..and then hammers it again:rolleyes: the car lurched into the left lane almost putting the civic into the median then he over corrected and this happened again once more until he ended up totally in the left lane and spun back across all 3 lanes hitting a crub and going airborne....save his life cuz he just cleared a wall and landed in the parking lot sideways.
for the tech...this guy had 3 wheels which were stolen, one donut was on the right rear, his springs were cut....that should be all the xplanation necessary. plus he couldnt drive:D he was 19 and already had 3 accidents....in this car he hit a curb hard and tore a chunk of the passeneger door off lol.

btw...the guy in the civic who was the one i was driving with was my friend for a long time...but they all decided it was cooler to steal shit than buy it for thier cars.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Crazy Stories

·
Registered
578 Posts
erollinc said:
110-120 is high speed???:confused:

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
erollinc said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA I saw you turd. You were driving like a GODDAMN IDIOT. I'm glad you did'nt hit a minivan with some infants in it and killed somebody, cause I woulda had to pull you from your car, beat you mercilessly, and shit in your mouth. DIPSHIT!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: Re: high speed racing....................and how i scared the hell out of myself

AcCoRd DoRiFtU said:
On a highway with a lot of people on it, yes. Can you imagine how many people could have been seriously injured???

I flipped my 96 Accord 4 1/2 times after fishtailing at 100 and slamming into a pole. Two of us (including me) were just fine, but the other two got a lot of broken bones, and it took one of them about a year to get back to normal. We were the only car involved as somehow we managed to stay on the shoulder. My life would be 100% different if I would have slammed into someone and seriously injured or killed them.

After that, it is just embarrassing to see people driving fast. I feel bad for them that they may have to learn the hard way like I did. And it's all too possible that they won't be as lucky as I was.

One of the most impressive things I have ever seen on the freeway is a Porsche or other similar sports car in the slow lane doing the speed limit. Somehow all that power restrained is very appealing to me.

If you saw the pictures of my car, you would be surprised that I am posting this right now. Please don't follow in my footsteps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually it was like 1230 at night.... and there wasnt really any cars at all just me that other accord , that truck and like a lil metro thing....... .. i wouldnt have been doing that during the day with a bunch of cars........ thats stupid...........i think doing it in the first place was stupid........... ya i consider it high speed for a frikken accord thats pretty stock...............yo the dude with the explorer...... where were you on I 85 when you "saw me"

·
Registered
547 Posts
That's really scary. First off, you were endangering other people's lives as well as your own. If you would've hit that guy you could've probably killed him, then gone to jail for vehicular manslaughter. I'm glad you are okay & I hope you've learned your lesson.

·
Registered
237 Posts
my friend was racing a mustang in his gsr and a truck gets into his lane and he couldnt stop and swerved and hit a mountain and flipped over a couple of times....and i am glad that no one got seriously hurt.....racing on the freeway is dumb and very dangerous and puts ppls lives at risk....but im glad that u learned this without gettng hurt

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Re: Re: high speed racing....................and how i scared the hell out of myself

AcCoRd DoRiFtU said:
for real that aint shit to my bro...hes got a 96 impala ss..and the fastest we've gone is 150 on i-45..long ass stretch..that car reaches 120's quickly/..plus his z-rated tires are meant to handle up to 250 mph. and that car is mad heavy and has good stock handling..so when u drive it at that speed it doesnt feel scary

but hey u learned..now just dont underestimate cars..THE ONLY REASON THERE ARE SPEED LIMITS is for people who cant handle the speed...most people can., anyway..i know ur adreline was high.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: Re: Re: high speed racing....................and how i scared the hell out of myself

5genlude said:
plus his z-rated tires are meant to handle up to 250 mph. and that car is mad heavy and has good stock handling..so when u drive it at that speed it doesnt feel scary

but hey u learned..now just dont underestimate cars..THE ONLY REASON THERE ARE SPEED LIMITS is for people who cant handle the speed...most people can., anyway..i know ur adreline was high.
[email protected] off, what is the load rating of the "magic tires" your brother is running....and second, Zy and Zw rate tires have capabilities of under 189mph....so you're saying that jus becuase the tire salesman said these Z rated tires can withstand speeds in excess of 149mph, you can take em' to 250?.....good stock handling eh?....dude you should count your blessings that ya'll didnt hit one of 45's notorious "launch pad" bumps and flip that yacht.....and as for "THE ONLY REASON THERE ARE SPEED LIMITS is for people who cant handle the speed..." ahh nevermind i dont have time to comment on THIS...late

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.