Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should be a simple answer question... when i look at most stock HID headlights they have a single projector. is that projector increasing intensity for high beams while being dimmer for low beams or does it stay the same intensity and use the regular halogen lights that are in the headlamp fixture also? I'm sure this directly applies to anyone doing retrofits on their lude

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
the regular halogen bulbs that are in the headlamps are for the highbeams most of the time. the projector holds the HID bulb for the low beam. that's how it is for single xenon setups..most cars. the projector has nothing to do with the intensity of the high beam.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
and as far as intensity goes for a bixenon set up, it's still the same because the solenoid moves the shield down and let more light escapes upward for highbeaming.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
so to answer the question. For most "newer" hid projectors, the high and low beam italize the same projector. The difference, as mentioned above, is when the shield moves so it gives more light. They use the "bi-xenon" set-up b/c the ballast/bulb need time to warm up and w/ high beams u need them right away.

I'm using a low beam projector (e46) w/ my oem high beams. Personally i think it looks the best that way on ludes..the other ones seem so big and/or bulky.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
97lude said:
so to answer the question. For most "newer" hid projectors, the high and low beam italize the same projector. The difference, as mentioned above, is when the shield moves so it gives more light. They use the "bi-xenon" set-up b/c the ballast/bulb need time to warm up and w/ high beams u need them right away.

I'm using a low beam projector (e46) w/ my oem high beams. Personally i think it looks the best that way on ludes..the other ones seem so big and/or bulky.
thats your opinion of course, but can your halogen high beam any match with my HID highbeam? dont think so ;)

i'm just playin :clap

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
aznswtlkr said:
thats your opinion of course, but can your halogen high beam any match with my HID highbeam? dont think so ;)

i'm just playin :clap
I also have Rs6 ECE Bi-xenons in my accord :p I know whats hot :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts