Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Go" is a Japanese board game that utilizes a grid type playing field and white & black discs as playing pieces.

In Hikaru No Go, Sai Fujiwara is a Go master (kinda like a chess grandmaster in today's world) in olden Japan who looses a match due to an opponent who cheats agasint him. Humiliated, Sai commits suicide and his spirit cannot RIP.

Skip forward to the modern world and Sai is drawn into Hikaru's body who accepts his spirit and together they try to perfect the game of Go.

A Studio Pierrot anime. TV, so the anime is good but not "movie" quality. Kinda charming and you learn about Go as the episodes go along. It's alright. ;)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cdiesel12 said:
i saw about 4 eps of it i wasnt really feeling it. but is it just me or is that ghost incredibly gay:confused
I hear U about Sai. That Akira kid on the other hand seemed pretty driven.:eek

·
Registered
302 Posts
HAHAHAHA Even I was fooled I thought at first that Sai was a girl then my friend told me that Sai was A HE!!!!

Anyways I didnt watch anime I just read the manga its a really good manga it sucks that Sai disappeard:(

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I played Go with a friends dad. I was never really into it, but since I got snuffed out so easily, I'm re-watching this show to gain some inspiration.

I've been skipping through the opening/closing credits and the little re-cap sections at the beginnig. But I've been rewatching the live action instructional tid-bits at the end. :p

Last night I had the radio turned to the Dodger game and the TV on HnG. I think I busted through 12+ episodes & 4 more this morning. I'm pretty sleepy now... :sleep Got up to the portion where Touya Meijin has played Sai on the internet while he's in the hospital.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Started re-watching it over again. I'm at the point where Hikaru and peeps are playing Kaio in the tournament. Touya is getting pumped up to play Hikaru/Sai. :aww

Even if it's a few years old, I'm digging the Apex Group soundtrack. :p

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Starting to re-watch this series again. It's been awhile since I've seen it so it still seems fresh.

The things I liked about it in the past (character designs, soundtrack, plot based around the game of go, etc.) are still what presently attracts this show to me.

Any other fans!?:confused

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sai won the first fan poll & Isumi won the second poll. I'm not a real big Sai fan, but I can understand Isumi being popular because he's got that "everyman" appeal.

Actually, I think all of the insei are pretty cool. Waya, Fukui, Honda, etc. Ochai is kinda irritating though.:p

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
ochi is a pain in the ass. i think i like waya the best out of the insei

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ That's funny when Honda beats him and then he goes into the restroom and starts tapping on the stalls.:lol2 Ditto for when Toya, Isumi, and Hikaru take him down.

I can't recall what he does when he looses in the OAV special. I don't think they show anything like that.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
when he goes in the stall and start tapping hes actually replaying the game. when he comes out he has figured out what he did wrong and what to do to fix it. you realize this when he practices against touya akira, he comes back and tells him he knows what he did wrong. then in later episodes it shows what he is doing in the bathroom fom that you can see what hes doing

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He doesn't learn much from Toya. He still can't beat him nor does he defeat Hikaru. He should have spent more time going over Torajiro's old games like Toya warned him to.:hehe

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gotten to the point where Hikaru is able to recruit Mitani for their middle school club.

I like the voice actress for Akari. You peeps might know her more for her role as part of the Impact Blue team "Sayuki". :hug

1 - 20 of 22 Posts