Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just went for a short drive, and all the snow is melting so i was splashin thru sum puddles..... so when i got home i got out and heard a strange hissing/sizzling sound... like when u cook bacon or sumthin with oil... i opened the hood and can kinda tell its comin from the back portion of the engine bay like behind the engine.. anyone know if sumthin'swrong?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Don't you wish it was your blowoff valve as the turbo spooled down? I do.
Are you using your heat with the A/C button on? If so it could be your compressor.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scottigee said:
Don't you wish it was your blowoff valve as the turbo spooled down? I do.
Are you using your heat with the A/C button on? If so it could be your compressor.

hmm.. that could be it... the heat thing not the turbo, i know my turbo was already spooled down :D

and its not my NOS either.. i ordered that today... two of the big ones, and ill have them by tonight :p

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Geez I hope it's not your NOS when you get that installed!! Hissing = bad

If the sound is inconsistent I would write it off as something wet on something hot. If it's consistent.....well i hope somebody with some more knowledge comes on this thread.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scottigee said:
Geez I hope it's not your NOS when you get that installed!! Hissing = bad

If the sound is inconsistent I would write it off as something wet on something hot. If it's consistent.....well i hope somebody with some more knowledge comes on this thread.

well i hit sum nice puddles and was pushin the car a bit.... so could it possibly be just water on a hot exhaust manifold? or transmission?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MiKeY said:
I get some werid ass whirring-vibrating noise a few minutes after i shut off my car...anyone know what that's about?
umm maybe the coolant goin thru the system still... cuz i know when the car's off, the thermostat still switches and the coolant goes thru

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I'm pretty sure coolant doesn't circulate if the engine isn't running. The water pump runs off the crank via a belt so if the engine doesn't turn, neither does the pump.
What the engine DOES do to cool down when it's off is run the fan. The whirring may be the fan slowing to a stop. If it's a loud noise that slows to a dik,dik,dik,dik..duk....duk.....duk. wrr. then it could be that your fan is rubbing on something as it slows. Possibly its own housing or that plastic piece with the "don't put your hands here" symbol on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts