Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally ready to shell out the cash to purchase a motor swap for my CRX, but I'm having one heck of a time getting in touch with someone at HMotorsOnline. I posted a thread several months ago asking others if they had the same problem as I, and no one appeared to have problems contacting the people at HMO. I've tried calling both phone numbers posted on their website and I've sent several emails with various questions to their email address: [email protected]

I was wondering if there is another email address I should use to get in touch with someone at HMO? Is anyone in current contact with them that could lend me a helping hand? I sent another email to the sales email address last week and I haven't gotten a response.

· Registered
930 Posts
at some point you should ask yourself if you really want to buy a motor from a company so poorly run...IMO, you should call around and see if you can get the motor from somewhere else

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been asking myself that question a lot this week. I purchased my ZC swap from a company in Canada several years ago and had good luck with them. I would go with them again, but they are not in business anymore.

So, the only way I got to "judge" a company is by word-of-mouth. In my opinion there is no better place to get recommendations than a message board like superhonda. It appears to be a majority rule that HMO is the place to buy a motor. After asking myself, "Do I pick another company that I really don't know about or do I pick a company that MANY others recommend," I think the only option can be the one that others have had really good luck with.

· Registered
3,178 Posts
highbred said:
at some point you should ask yourself if you really want to buy a motor from a company so poorly run...IMO, you should call around and see if you can get the motor from somewhere else

I purchased an H22 from them with no problems! I also have 3 friends that eached purchased B16's from them with no problems what so ever. One of my friends even had some broken sensors on his motor and they had replacements sent out and he recieved them the next day. That sounds like a poorly ran company to me :rolleyes

· Registered
930 Posts
VTECFREAK said:
I purchased an H22 from them with no problems! I also have 3 friends that eached purchased B16's from them with no problems what so ever. One of my friends even had some broken sensors on his motor and they had replacements sent out and he recieved them the next day. That sounds like a poorly ran company to me :rolleyes
wow, congratulations to your friends. i'm not saying hmotors doesnt sell good quality motors with a great guarantee, i'm just wondering what kind of "business" cant answer their phones. even if you are dead set on hmotors, it wouldnt hurt to call around.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ever since day one, I've heard absolutely nothing but good things about HMO, and that's why I DON'T want to go with another company. I just wish I could get someone to respond to my emails. I've heard Steve's name mentioned countless times and every time his name is mentioned it's been in good context.

I just flew to Orange County a few weeks ago for work, and the one thing I wanted to do was drive to HMO and see someone in person. Since they were only open when I was working and I was off when they were closed, I couldn't find the time to make it there.

The people on this message board do lots of business with them and that's why I'm looking to someone from here to hopefully lend me a hand. If no one has an email address to someone at HMO (other than the sales email address) I'll continue to keep calling until I get in contact with someone. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting a motor :)

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was able to fly out to Anaheim, CA for some work that my company was doing, so I drove up and talked with Steve. Needless to say, I was very impressed with his company and the day after I flew back home, I ordered the motor. I haven't had any problems getting in touch with him since. Thanks Jesse! Steve and I got a laugh out of the "frijoles and tortillas" comment. :D Now begins the counting down of the days till the motor arrives!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.