Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was jacking my car up, I thought I had the jack on the frame but I guess it wasn't because the jack went right trough the floor. Not through the carpet but through the material at the bottom. causing I hole at the bottom and a dent in the carpet side.

I hammered the floor down again. I looks fine from the inside but from the outside under the car there is still a hole and I am worried about water getting in when it rains and rusting the car out, damaging the carpet and making the car smell.

What should I do to fix the hole?
Can anyone help me?

I feel like a dumbass you don't have to tell me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i dont normally advocate this but next time you need auto work done, go to the garage and let the pros do it.

if you want the fix to look good theres really nothing you can do aside from welding in a piece of metal, grinding it down and undercoating it so you cant see it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm gonna have to do some welding.

I was taking my factory wheels off and putting my aftermarket wheels on, which is something I do all the time. No need for a "pro". Changing a tire is a must know. My girlfriend can change a tire.

I was told it happens. Maybe not to you (yet). But now I know I'm not the only one so I feel better.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Ray Nite said:
I was jacking my car up, I thought I had the jack on the frame but I guess it wasn't because the jack went right trough the floor. Not through the carpet but through the material at the bottom. causing I hole at the bottom and a dent in the carpet side.

I hammered the floor down again. I looks fine from the inside but from the outside under the car there is still a hole and I am worried about water getting in when it rains and rusting the car out, damaging the carpet and making the car smell.

What should I do to fix the hole?
Can anyone help me?

I feel like a dumbass you don't have to tell me.
YABBA-DABBA-DOO! :lol Sorry, man, that sucks.
Shouldn't be too hard to fix/rust-proof.

·
Registered
10 Posts
its alright dude, i did the same thing, i was wondering how to fix it, i thought maybe just some of that body filler to make sure no water gets in, then sand it down, but the weling should work well on the bottom of the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, it's happened to me too. Only it was a beater car that I got rid of 6 months later. Don't feel too bad, coulda been much worse.

Heh. I know...rip out your carpeting, use your jack to punch out a hole every other 2 inches or so, then put some weatherproofing down, put your carpet back in...imagine the weight reduction!

:D :p

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
got_sol said:
Yeah, it's happened to me too. Only it was a beater car that I got rid of 6 months later. Don't feel too bad, coulda been much worse.

Heh. I know...rip out your carpeting, use your jack to punch out a hole every other 2 inches or so, then put some weatherproofing down, put your carpet back in...imagine the weight reduction!

:D :p

new fad? holes in your floor for weight reduction!!!!!! :number1

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I did something similar. I couldnt use the jack point because thats where I was going to use jack stands. I tried to jack the car up next to the jack point with only a piece of wood to cushion it. Well I didnt puncture the floor but I gave it a nice bend :(. Im just leaving it now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.