Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After countless hits on the road (sometimes going rather fast) my 2.5" mild steel WS piping couldnt take it anymore. While trying to re-hang my WS mufflers I noticed a seam had opened up in my y-pipe where it splits to meet the two mufflers. Now the exhaust note has gotten a lil loud. Sort of like an APEXi N1 system and definitely noticeable over the normal quietness of the mufflers. The car slightly vibrates on acceleration and the drone, while almost sounding powerful, is a din I don't want to experience.

So....i'm removing my WS system, gonna re-install stock piping and maybe weld on some low-key mufflers that look nice and sound quiet. Anyone want to buy the whole cat-back set for $100? Any muffler shop should be able to seal up the (small) seam and setup the exhaust for you.

·
Registered
685 Posts
MiKeY said:
After countless hits on the road (sometimes going rather fast) my 2.5" mild steel WS piping couldnt take it anymore. While trying to re-hang my WS mufflers I noticed a seam had opened up in my y-pipe where it splits to meet the two mufflers. Now the exhaust note has gotten a lil loud. Sort of like an APEXi N1 system and definitely noticeable over the normal quietness of the mufflers. The car slightly vibrates on acceleration and the drone, while almost sounding powerful, is a din I don't want to experience.

So....i'm removing my WS system, gonna re-install stock piping and maybe weld on some low-key mufflers that look nice and sound quiet. Anyone want to buy the whole cat-back set for $100? Any muffler shop should be able to seal up the (small) seam and setup the exhaust for you.
Why not just patch that exhaust system than get stock piping? Or was it too loud before the fix?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Hole in my APEXi WS piping

showgunz said:
Why not just patch that exhaust system than get stock piping? Or was it too loud before the fix?
No in fact its damn quiet but the whole thing just hangs too low, i need to be able to surf at least a small bump.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Where are you located?

My WS hangs too low, i had it crack in the middle of the Y pipe too. Muffler shop couldnt fix it. then i finally hit a bump so big it just snapped the can in the middle and the axle back piece in half.

I had the Y pipe redone 2 times. its hanging higher and its looks even now. But my cans are starting to rust from inside out so maybe ill buy urs.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Bbc84 said:
Where are you located?

My WS hangs too low, i had it crack in the middle of the Y pipe too. Muffler shop couldnt fix it. then i finally hit a bump so big it just snapped the can in the middle and the axle back piece in half.

I had the Y pipe redone 2 times. its hanging higher and its looks even now. But my cans are starting to rust from inside out so maybe ill buy urs.
Can't the exhaust shop just bend your hangers so that you have more clearance?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bbc84 said:
Where are you located?

New York zip 11355...cans will ship fine i guess, they are heavy so expect to pay for the weight...say $70 for both plus ship?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey. id be interested in the exhaust system. im located in so cali. 92833. ill take em off your hands, but what would be total shipped?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts