Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just took off my spoiler and i have 8 holes in my trunk. I went to a body shop and they said aroun 400 to fix it. Then people told me to find a used one from a junkyard. I cant find a silver one for a 96-00 coupe anywhere. Please help and or give me some advice. thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
400 sounds too steep, should be more around 200 or so. y do you want to take your spoiler off anyways?
-brian

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a really big wing on there that was way too riced out. Now there is 8 holes in my trunk. Please help If anyone knows where to get a silver trunk lid, let me know

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just get some bondo to patch it up then sand it down. After you get it nice and smooth take it to a paint shop and have them paint it. Patching the holes yourself should save you a few bucks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
the best way to do it is to have someone weld the holes shut. bondo is just a temporary solution and might cause some rust down the line. i would just get the trunk lid and paint it, gonna look more even if you paint the whole thing inseated of painting only those sections

·
Registered
218 Posts
buy a smaller OEM spoiler... you can get them prepainted.. and bolt it on over the holes.....

·
Registered
344 Posts
buy a smaller OEM spoiler... you can get them prepainted.. and bolt it on over the holes.....

That isn't going to cover 4 additional holes. He means all 8 holes to be covered for some reason to prevent from rains, snow, and any types of dirts from going through those holes.

·
Registered
264 Posts
2 options: 1) go to different body shops and get different prices, what the shop should do is first weld the holes shut, bondo, sand, then paint the trunk lid. 2) call up junk yards to look for a new lid or find someone parting out their car, then if its not the same color, see how much it would cost to paint the lid. then go with whichever ones cheaper.
-brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
just thought of 2 more options 1) fill in the holes urself with bondo then put on one of those flat spoilers, like the bomex or black widow. 2) carbon fiber trunk :p
-brian

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
The place that did my trunk shaved all my holes, except for the emblem, I forgot to tell them to, STUPID ME, and repainted it to match my car and only charged 200. They welded the holes on mine. Bondo cracks a little bit everytime when you shut the trunk, and eventually the holes gonne be there again. The rust shouldn't be a problem for the shop.

·
Registered
678 Posts
jai si said:
The place that did my trunk shaved all my holes, except for the emblem, I forgot to tell them to, STUPID ME, and repainted it to match my car and only charged 200. They welded the holes on mine. Bondo cracks a little bit everytime when you shut the trunk, and eventually the holes gonne be there again. The rust shouldn't be a problem for the shop.

thats what they did with mines too and i paid 175......your being overcharged buddy..

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
dug said:
i personally think civic's look better w/o any spoiler...
agreed, hence my spoilerless coupe

·
Registered
264 Posts
anfrey said:
agreed, hence my spoilerless coupe
yup, i dont like spoilers either, but my car came with the little oem spoiler. i'll get that taken off when the funds come rolling in one day. :p
-brian

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
not to be a post whore, but i noticed this thread's id is 66666 hehe just thought that was funny. numbers are amusing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Temporary solution

I know this sounds ghetto, but it works as a temporary solution. Go to Ace Hardware and get bolts that will fit the holes but short enough to not be a problem, paint the bolts with OEM paint, or whatever to match your paint. Bolt them in with rubber gasket washers between. It'll keep out rust causers and won't be too obvious for the time being until you can find a more permanent and cosmetic solution.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i like stock or no spoiler. how much for a good used trunk lid? maybe you could buy a good clean used one with no hole's and have a body shop paint it to match your car and install it yourself. 400.00 seem right to repair the hole's. there is alot of work getting the trunk lid right. welding work's too, but you still have to use alittle bondo. well, good luck...

·
Registered
678 Posts
jay not you im taliking about the origanal post for a 400 dollar repair

1 - 20 of 21 Posts