Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. It is great to see everyone again and the board back up!

Alot has changed. I have some new toys.

I have all my new toys in my basement. Ready to go on in March. I will post up new pics soon thereafter. I am shooting for a 14.5 in the quarter. My previous best time was a 14.89. Not bad for an SS.

Anyway, these are my new toys since my 14.8 1/4 mile time.
Weight redux. Getting drastic. Not rear bumper support, No power steering. CF hood. Race battery. NGK Iridium plugs.

And the new toys.
Rota Subzeros in bronze w/ Kyokugen Lugs. 17X7.5

Yokohama Paradas. 215/40/ZR17

Sparco Sprint competition seat.

Sabelt 4 pt harness.

Sparco hood pins in silver.

Plus I have a Zex nitrous kit. I haven't decided whether or not to install it. I will have to wait till I see my quarter mile times.

Anyway, great to see my peeps are still here. I am sure that many more will come when they find out that SHO is back! :D

Also, I would love to mod again if you guys would have me!

· Registered
321 Posts
Wow....... Good luck.. Let us know wut u hit next run...

· Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey Ludeboy, nice to have you back, can't wait to see new pics :D Quick question though, how on earth did you get off your rear bumper support? :confused: I tried to remove both the front and rear bumper supports several months ago and had to scrap the project due to couple reasons.

1. After removing the front metal bumper, there was nothing for the urethane bumper to sit on while installed, so it sagged horribly. Same thing with the rear bumper.

2. My wratchet couldn't reach the bolts to undo the rear bumper underneath and behind the support. What'd you use to remove them?

· Registered
2,092 Posts
good to see ya again ludeboy. we were all wondering where you went :)

· Registered
4,233 Posts
yo!

wussup lude boy..

good to see this board back up..u got some more goodies eh?

whatever happened to the 'tilting guages' idea??? im still waiting so i can copy you! lol seriously..if you get any thing going in that direction lemme know cuz i saw something like that on a 3000gt where the guages are above the stereo and it looked pretty cool..way better than having a pod on driver's side..anyhow..g'luck with your new 1/4 times, peace

· Registered
1,688 Posts
SpanishRicer said:

1. After removing the front metal bumper, there was nothing for the urethane bumper to sit on while installed, so it sagged horribly. Same thing with the rear bumper.

2. My wratchet couldn't reach the bolts to undo the rear bumper underneath and behind the support. What'd you use to remove them?

if you have stock front bumper....it's gonna sag if you remove the bumper support..unless you find a way to tie up the reinforcement...for the rear...just buy an adapter to remove the bolts that are too far in then return it...but beware, removing either of these two will give you a disadvantage in handling...i had more body rolls than Oprah after the removal....it does save you a lot of weight though....and if someone crash into you....that's it...

· Registered
12,727 Posts
I am leaving everything on my car...no weight reduxes here. I think I am gonna go all show:)

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, thanks all. It is certainly good to hear from you all again. I will be around alot more now.

To answer a few questions...

Spanish- I have the flexible ratchet. The one you see on TV. And I just made a metal plate to support the rear bumper so it doesn't sag. I will take some pics for you...

ReCK1- I still want to do the tilting gauges idea, but they are on the backburner right now because of work and other things. I am focusing on lightness and handling. I will figure out a way to make it work though.

Murdah- The seat is on order, I will let you know how they are. You will probably want an adj one if you are planning on putting someone in your back seat though. I chose the non adj. for weight reasons. It was the lightest FIA approved seat that I could find that wasn't 800 bucks.

wutangben- Fuck you you piece of shit! Are those the LE 37's? I am a jealous mofo! D A M N. You da man! Keep it rizzill.
:D

mike_sho- Congrats on the new site. Looks good. We always new it was the best.

GldCrzy- Lets just hope I don't have any accidents!!
;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.