Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started my char on FFXI, and I love it!!!! Reminds me of EQ quite a bit, though there are plenty of differences to make it feel new and fun, but plenty of similarities to make it familiar. If you have ever played EQ, and even liked it remotely, you will like this game!!!!
Here is a link to a FFXI forum on Safehouse, a EQ rogue board. There is lots of useful information on this board for one to use...

http://pub146.ezboard.com/fthesafehousefrm36

Feel free to post any info about your character here that you want:

SHO Handle/ Server / Character Handle/ Race/ Job/Sub-Job/Alliegiance

Curufinn / Cerebrus / Murazor / Elvaan / Warrior / - / San D'Oria

All server assignments are random, but here is a way to "cheat" the system:

Go through character creation. Choose a national alliegiance. Confirm alliegiance. At this point, you will come to a "Handle" screen with slots for three handles. At this point, do not enter handle data, just hit esc. key. This will take you to the main screen for character selection. Go to Delete Character. Select the character of interest. On the left of the screen will be displayed pertinent data about your character, along with what server you are on. If you want a different server, choose delete for the character in question, and delete him/her. Re-create your character, then check to see the server. Wash, rinse, repeat until you have the desired server. When you have the server you desire, merely go back, choose select character, and complete character creation. Done!!

If you like EQ or Final Fantasy at all, you will love the game!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
thanks for the tip.. it'll save me and my buddies ~1000 gil.. there's 28 servers so it shouldn't take too long to get the one they want.

Mystician -- Red Mage Tarutaru -- Bismarck server

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Curufin said:
I just started my char on FFXI, and I love it!!!! Reminds me of EQ quite a bit, though there are plenty of differences to make it feel new and fun, but plenty of similarities to make it familiar. If you have ever played EQ, and even liked it remotely, you will like this game!!!!
Here is a link to a FFXI forum on Safehouse, a EQ rogue board. There is lots of useful information on this board for one to use...

http://pub146.ezboard.com/fthesafehousefrm36

Feel free to post any info about your character here that you want:

SHO Handle/ Server / Character Handle/ Race/ Job/Sub-Job/Alliegiance

Curufinn / Cerebrus / Murazor / Elvaan / Warrior / - / San D'Oria

All server assignments are random, but here is a way to "cheat" the system:

Go through character creation. Choose a national alliegiance. Confirm alliegiance. At this point, you will come to a "Handle" screen with slots for three handles. At this point, do not enter handle data, just hit esc. key. This will take you to the main screen for character selection. Go to Delete Character. Select the character of interest. On the left of the screen will be displayed pertinent data about your character, along with what server you are on. If you want a different server, choose delete for the character in question, and delete him/her. Re-create your character, then check to see the server. Wash, rinse, repeat until you have the desired server. When you have the server you desire, merely go back, choose select character, and complete character creation. Done!!

If you like EQ or Final Fantasy at all, you will love the game!!!
I knew it was going to have an EQ feel. Ah well. I dont know how it can appeal to both so well. I would like to try it but. I really cant afford it. :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts