Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 coupe 4 cyl. that I just had a magnaflow muffler with custom 2.25" piping from the cat back put on the other day. It's freaking loud, too loud. It has a nice low bass sound to it like I was looking for, but it's so loud it rattles my interior. Much louder than I was expecting.

It would be the perfect sound if it wasn't so loud, it sounds real nice outside the car super bassy, no rice. Inside the car it is the same super bassy and super loud. You would have to ride in the car to understand, but basically at any RPM other than idle it's much louder than I was expecting. Like I said it vibrates my interior and if I have change laying around it shakes and rattles that too. It sounds like a race car, and I bought the street series.

Any ideas on how to quiet it down. I'm going to leave it on for a while and see if I can get used to it, if not then I may switch out this muffler for another one.

Anyone know if Apexi makes a universal fit WS muffler. now that I look back I should have bought the WS catback to begin with but this was cheaper and I wasn't expecting it to be so loud. I would like to keep the piping that is already there and just get the WS so save some money. I was afraid that the WS would be too quiet because I did want it to be a bit louder and bassier than stock, but I think I over did it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
is it a hi-flow cat or just a regular one?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just the stock cat, it's not high flow, i checked for leaks everything seems fine. the muffler is just a lot louder than i thought it was going to be.

It doesn't have silencers and magnaflow doesn't sell them. I'd have to make some somehow or something. I thought about doing something like that but figured it would be easier to replace the muffler.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
resonators and silencers are totally different things....

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
u can buy resonators seperatly and add them.

i would normally suggest buying a catback system such as the greddy, or apex because they have some nice tones to their exhaust note. having a custom made exhaust system is kinda risky (depending on the muffler shop)

·
Registered
888 Posts
go to a reputable muffler shop and tell them to make your resonator longer; it will help dissipate the sound. As for Apex-i making a universal WS; the answer is no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts