Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with 4th gen, preferably a vtec model have a homemade turbo set up? Ive heard u could use a turbo dsm manifold, just have to redrill dome of the bolt holes..well, I wanted to try this, using the turbo dsm mani, with stock turbo dsm turbo, t-25 I think, and what not...anyone have any input? is the t-25 of good size?

· Registered
582 Posts
VTECnLUDE said:
anyone with 4th gen, preferably a vtec model have a homemade turbo set up? Ive heard u could use a turbo dsm manifold, just have to redrill dome of the bolt holes..well, I wanted to try this, using the turbo dsm mani, with stock turbo dsm turbo, t-25 I think, and what not...anyone have any input? is the t-25 of good size?
T25 might be a bit small for a h22, you'll probably run out of top end. I suggest a T3/T4 with a .60 AR

· Registered
49 Posts
if i were u and u needed to save some money grab a T 3 and put a more efficient compressor wheel. if it has a map that will go good with your motor then grab it.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
yes, but the t3/t4 is also external wastegate... if you get the manifold and get a forced performance big28, you wont be disappionted... it bolts right up to the manifold and uses the same housing as the t25. In a full weight GSX, it was good for an [email protected] good enough? i thought so...

· Registered
49 Posts
For a manifold go through JGSprecision turbo. The kits are cheap and to get them welded the way u want saves u bout 150-200 dollars. ONly bad part is that u have to do all the test fitting to get the manifold right. then u got to find a welder but i did it. I think i made the right decision.

· Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
civperc said:
T-25 will definitely be too small. IMO, go with a T3/T4
Its gonna be a homemade/junkyard turbo, any stock turbo cars come with t3/t4's? cuz I dotn have the money to sell out hundreds on a turbo alone, I plan to run low boost for now, like 4-6 lbs, as for the manifold, I got that taken care of, external, or internal wastegate dont matter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.