Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a letter from my honda dealer asking to buy back the honda civic 2001 ex that I bought from them used. They say that they have been selected as a site to conduct a special market test pricing and financing event.

"We would like you to exchange your 2001 HOnda Civic for any new 2005 Honda car van or sport utility vehicle. With these factory incentives and generous trade-in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange with little or no out of pocket expense and with a monthly payment that fits your budget"

Has anyone heard anything about this?

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
njn63 said:
dealers do this all the time to get cars that are decent used cars on their lots and to move inventory.

You're just trading in your car on a new one, you just got a formal inventation.

Yep, Subaru did that a few months back.

·
Registered
226 Posts
///M3ssican said:
BMW will sometimes do that to help sale newer cars and build a better used car lot..makes sense...and makes no sense...because maybe they make much more money selling used cars
yes, all dealers make a bulk of money on used cars and some what on new cars

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
honestly dude if u got the cash for a new suv or truck or newer car and u do want one...

what i would do is go in there and really F#CK with their minds...like make these "generous" trade in values quote and really rack it up...say if your car is worth $12,000K used in the "private owner" price, what u do is go in there, find out that their vehical is $20,000 dealer invoice, bid on that, then get your $12,000 worth and not a penny less...

ofcourse they will probably want to only give you $10,000 for your car but f#ck with them really bad and say shit like they got you in there with their so called promotion...just mess with their head...

trust me dude, if u got the cash, and if you actually want to, this is the perfect oportunity to just mess with their head...nothing funner in the world...if you are bz...don't do it but if u got a free day and u do want something new, go for it...:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.