Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

We have recently purchased a 2003 Element from the local Honda people, and the fuel gauge has never function properly. We did not notice the problem for a few days. It will show empty, when it has lots of gas in it, and when you fill it, it only shows half a tank???

We have been getting the runaround from the local dealership (they do not have a
very good reputation anyways) however, they say they had the dash pulled apart,
and have changed the guage, but to no avail...

Does anyone out there have any ideas, or had this problem on their Element?
As it seems that Honda does not want to help any further...

·
Registered
395 Posts
sounds more like a relay issue and not the gauge. do u have a warranty, if so just keep bringing it to dealer, if u keep getting the run around, ask for the service manager.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the dealership is going to order/replace the fuel sending unit. They have been
awful to deal with (which I have heard many times before) so I wont believe anything they say until it is actually fixed.

·
Registered
395 Posts
at least is seems the dealership has isolated the problem, good luck w/that. post your progress

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally....looks like it is fixed ! Dealership did order/install the sending unit. It was worse than pulling teeth to get them to want to do anything, but they finally agreed and the gauge seems to be working right now and with no cost to us. (other than time and a little high blood pressure !) Hopefully this will help someone else down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Next time they give you the runaround call Honda America. They made my local dealer (where I bought my '03 Element new) replace the cracked (recalled) windshield. Dealer said I had too many miles on it. Good luck, VIC

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would go ahead and contact Honda USA Corporate Office about the issue. They may be able to give the local dealership a nudge or so...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts