Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,836 Posts
its just part of the engine code. Y8 is only on 1 engine, the D16y8. its in the 6th gen (96-00) civic ex and sometimes lx. the y8 itself doesnt really mean anything, it just means that the engine differs from the D16Z6 (92-95 civic ex)

· Registered
624 Posts
dragturbocivic said:
Hey evolution you should also check on the 99-01 gsr rims they look pretty nice on a civic . I have a set on mine and everybody really complemants them.
What kind of $$$ would these cost? I'm in the market for some new, but inexpensive and not-so-flashy wheels... Maybe some Si's? :)

· Registered
404 Posts
My Si's cost $650 with a set of dunlop WS-10's on them that I am on track to get about 15k miles out of.

I really like them - nice, tasteful, and don't look at all lowbrow like most custom wheels do simply because they don't look like something a company would put on their car.

If you get the GSR rims (which I personally am not to terribly fond of, but I understand the attraction), I believe that the H badges from the Si Rims ($11 apiece) will fit - I strongly recommend if you go this route.

· Registered
1,946 Posts
I would love either GSR rims or Civic SI rims. Shit, even Civic HX rims, MY GOD EVEN SOME FACTORY HONDA HUBCAPS!!!

As of now I am using 4 13" stock black wheels that are ugly as hell. Great for the sleeper look, although my car isn't fast enough to be considered a "sleeper"

Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.