Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up. Did you guys know about this? Since Hondas are the most commonly stolen vehicle i guess, everytime a cop sees one, atleast in NY, cops plug in the plate number and it goes into a database for stolen vehicles. I was at easter dinner today, my mothers best friends brother is a NYC detective and saw my car sparkling in the garage and was talking to me as we pounded back about 5 or 6 coronas before dinner and was telling me about how the patrol officers, when they are shadowing or following a honda, there is an option in their computer system to plug in the plate number which filters through a database just for hondas. idk if he was serious or if he was just bullshitting, anyone heard about this? i know all cops can check for stolen hondas but apparently this goes into a datebase which is monitored or something just for hondas, like to check for other shit not really sure. just thought id throw this little bit of info out. happy easter/passover/whatever.

·
Registered
37 Posts
im not a police officer but i work for the police department.

there is a main database that all police have access to which stores a giant list of all stolen car vin's, plates, years, ect of the entire USA.

you just type in the type of vehicle and then the license number and it searches.
if there's no license number, they can search by VIN

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey the prelude rear seats are mint. lol. ive only used them a handful of times but with my completely tinted windows you can sit back there and service a meth lab and no one would know.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
ganjgremlin said:
hey the prelude rear seats are mint. lol. ive only used them a handful of times but with my completely tinted windows you can sit back there and service a meth lab and no one would know.
I just lean back both front seats and then "get serviced"...much more fun than a meth lab. :clap

·
Registered
238 Posts
ganjgremlin said:
Whats up. Did you guys know about this? Since Hondas are the most commonly stolen vehicle i guess, everytime a cop sees one, atleast in NY, cops plug in the plate number and it goes into a database for stolen vehicles. I was at easter dinner today, my mothers best friends brother is a NYC detective and saw my car sparkling in the garage and was talking to me as we pounded back about 5 or 6 coronas before dinner and was telling me about how the patrol officers, when they are shadowing or following a honda, there is an option in their computer system to plug in the plate number which filters through a database just for hondas. idk if he was serious or if he was just bullshitting, anyone heard about this? i know all cops can check for stolen hondas but apparently this goes into a datebase which is monitored or something just for hondas, like to check for other shit not really sure. just thought id throw this little bit of info out. happy easter/passover/whatever.
what's funny about your post is that STi's and WX's are getting stolen more than any other car in the tri-state area.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im going to forget u said that. the most stolen car right now is defintely not a WRX or an STI they are not common enough in NYC. the most commonly stolen cars are hondas. i have an STi so i think id know if they were stolen alot. http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=2891&src=Ins is the actual list and no subaru is even on it. of the top 3 most stolen, honda accounts for two of them. :) tata

·
Registered
163 Posts
My dad just called the insurance co. and switched me from the main driver of my Prelude to the main driver of my brothers 88 BMW 528i. That alone is saving us $150 a month! Of course I have had 5 speeding tickets and a fender bender in the lude. Just goes to show how expensive insurance is for sporty hondas.

·
Registered
238 Posts
ganjgremlin said:
im going to forget u said that. the most stolen car right now is defintely not a WRX or an STI they are not common enough in NYC. the most commonly stolen cars are hondas. i have an STi so i think id know if they were stolen alot. http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=2891&src=Ins is the actual list and no subaru is even on it. of the top 3 most stolen, honda accounts for two of them. :) tata
i said tri-state area, not the country. watch the news.

·
Registered
462 Posts
SCGMafia said:
hahaha suckaz :D I put my dad as the primary driver on my '99 Lude.....I will be 18 in august and I pay less than 80 bucks a month for full coverage :D
Hah I did the exact same thing you did, execpt that I just turned 18 3 weeks ago. My dad is the primary driver of the Prelude and I'm the primary driver of my dad's 88 Corsica.......even though i never actually driven it before :ninja Save me a bunch on insurance.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
dam im 16, 17 in august and my fukin insurance on my 91 civic hb dx is like fukin 1300 a fukin year. and i dont have full coverage that somtin like 15-1600 a year. i got a improper lane change ticket and a ticket for a defective exhaust already and ive only had my liscense since january. i havent gone to court for teh tickets yet i got may 10th so i just wanna watch my insurance fukin fly sky high. but they wont get my exhaust ticket cuz ill get proof it works or sum shit but yeah how teh hell do you get that cheap of insurance. oh yeah im also teh primary driver of my car. dam insurance. peace

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.