Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January 27, 2005 -- From recently obtained inside information given exclusively to **************** by an email tipster, we have verified the engines that will be featured in the 2006 Honda Civic, 2007 Honda Fit and possibly the 2007 Acura TSX, plus other engines that have unknown destinations. Our source reports that Honda is in the final stages of development for three new engines destined for the US, including a 2.0L 4 cylinder and a 2.4L 4 banger. One of these engines will probably be slotted into the Civic Si, respectively. What’s more, Honda is bringing to market its first US application of a turbocharger in the form of a 2.4L Turbo. This engine will presumably be fitted into the Acura TSX, or perhaps even a high output Civic slotted above the Si. Also, our source has confirmed that Honda is developing a new 1.3L hybrid engine, a 1.5L and a 1.8L. The 1.5L, originally scheduled for launch in MY2006, has been delayed until MY2007 but it will be built in the US.

Undoubtedly the biggest surprise of this batch is that Honda has chosen to introduce a turbocharged engine in the US. While our source could not confirm whether or not it would be a DOHC i-VTEC, he hinted that it would not be affixed to the current K24 engine that Honda uses in the TSX, Accord and Element. No horsepower figures are available, but expect the Civic Si’s powerplant to produce around 200 horses while the turbo should make about 250. The new 1.3L Hybrid engine will probably see duty in either a Fit Hybrid or the next iteration of the Honda Insight. The Fit, Honda’s wildly popular car in Europe and Japan, will probably start at around $12,000 when it reaches US shores.
H O N D A - A C U R A . N E T

·
Registered
199 Posts
It'll be nice if it's true, but I'll keep the "I'll believe it when I see it" type of attitude. If it were some official honda press release or somthing, then I'd believe it, but as of now it's just a rumor to me.

Also, to add to "longevity and reliability and also for gas milage" is that honda loves being one of, if not the greenest car companies and a turboed performance car isn't going to help. I would love for it to be true though.

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
if it took them this long to finally bring out AWD on a sedan (RL) and it happens to be the best AWD system imo...I don't see why they wouldn't released a FI car as well...

The do have turobed cars in Japan remember...

it'll probably be something very worthy

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
///M3ssican said:
if it took them this long to finally bring out AWD on a sedan (RL) and it happens to be the best AWD system imo...I don't see why they wouldn't released a FI car as well...

The do have turobed cars in Japan remember...

it'll probably be something very worthy
yea. no doubt that Honda has the experience and resources to make a turbo car. the only question is will they do it?

i am kinda skeptical though. i think the next step for honda is trying to put AWD model in all their cars.

·
Registered
175 Posts
pretty nuts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
divinewisdom said:
yea. no doubt that Honda has the experience and resources to make a turbo car. the only question is will they do it?

i am kinda skeptical though. i think the next step for honda is trying to put AWD model in all their cars.
most of honda's vehicle has low hp number(95-210hp), except for couple sedans...so it's useless to use AWD on all their lineup IMO...just leave them as FF...but add another FR line up beside s2k...that would be fun to drive honda's

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hprelude92 said:
most of honda's vehicle has low hp number(95-210hp), except for couple sedans...so it's useless to use AWD on all their lineup IMO...just leave them as FF...but add another FR line up beside s2k...that would be fun to drive honda's
honda=acura, and they have already stated theyre moving the acura lineup away from fwd.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
animosity said:
honda=acura, and they have already stated theyre moving the acura lineup away from fwd.
acura = honda but honda != acura...
and do you see acura's vehicle has hp below 200hp range?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
xtremefusion said:
Yes, the base RSX.
thank you for reminding...and the base RSX won't be an AWD car... :D

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
unless they bring a turbo'd Civic or RSX for the $20.000 to $27,000 range it will not matter cause like most honda's they will have to be modded to keep up with others in their price range and I for one am tired of seeing this.

Honda put performance on the back burner a long time ago,the RSX,Civic SI,and S2000 are jokes stock for stock when put against others in their price range performance wise.Reliability on the other hand is different but we aint talking about that

·
Registered
441 Posts
98civic4door said:
unless they bring a turbo'd Civic or RSX for the $20.000 to $27,000 range it will not matter cause like most honda's they will have to be modded to keep up with others in their price range and I for one am tired of seeing this.

Honda put performance on the back burner a long time ago,the RSX,Civic SI,and S2000 are jokes stock for stock when put against others in their price range performance wise.Reliability on the other hand is different but we aint talking about that
hate to break it to ya, but they dont care about the few people who wanna go fast, they care about the millions of people who want good gas mileage and want their car to last forever.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
well if you bring out a car that is supposed to be a sports car/performance minded car you should try and make it compete in that cat. IMO

My gripe is not with reg. civic's,accords,CRV's,so on and so on.But every and I mean every major car company has better performance cars for the money IMO in stock form atleast

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
i believe for i have faith

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.