Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
February 10, 2005 -- Chicago -- Honda will be the Vehicle Manufacturer of the Show and the all-new 2006 Civic will be the Vehicle of the Show at the 2005 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show in Las Vegas this November, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today. Additionally, the high-performance 2006 Civic Si Coupe will make its world debut at SEMA.

"We're thrilled at the opportunity to play a larger part in the 2005 SEMA show as Vehicle Manufacturer of the Show with the 2006 Civic as Vehicle of the Show," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. "The performance aftermarket has played a big part in the image of Honda with young buyers and performance enthusiasts. SEMA is the perfect venue to highlight our company's commitment to the market and the exciting new products we're building, including our all-new Civic and the new Ridgeline truck."

Honda has long been a leader in the compact performance market. According to the latest figures from SEMA, Honda and Acura products account for almost 40 percent of the total vehicles in this segment.

In 2001, Honda debuted the all-new 2002 Civic Si at SEMA. The company has also selected SEMA as the venue to debut new Honda Factory Performance accessory kits for models like the Civic Coupe, the Accord Coupe and the Acura RSX.

In addition to hosting the world debut of the 2006 Civic Si production model, the 2005 SEMA show will feature a wide assortment of Honda and Acura models modified by some of the import performance market's leading tuner companies. Models on display will include the all-new 2006 Ridgeline, Honda's first entry in the pickup truck segment, the always-popular S2000 sports car and the Element SUV. Acura division is expected to feature modified versions of the RSX, the TSX sports sedan and the RL luxury performance sedan.
Something to look forward to this November now that we've seen the Si concept. Hopefully the production version which will be shown then will stay somewhat true to the concept in styling and hardware (200hp, LSD, 6spd, etc...).

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
divinewisdom said:
looks like honda is breaking into the tuner market once more.
Yeah. Pricing will be a big question mark. Knowing the price of the RSX, i hope the Si comes in significantly cheaper than the more upscale RSX Type S. Let's hope for sub-19-20k's.

·
Registered
626 Posts
It definately puts the RSX in an odd position on Honda's marketing matrix...

I just hope the RSX and SI can peacefully co-exist.. lol.. cuz it would really be a shame for an amazing car like the RSX to be dropped after just one generation... :noo

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Det.John Kimble said:
It definately puts the RSX in an odd position on Honda's marketing matrix...

I just hope the RSX and SI can peacefully co-exist.. lol.. cuz it would really be a shame for an amazing car like the RSX to be dropped after just one generation... :noo
exactly, why did the Civic and Integra go along well?

the RSX and Civic can get along well

this may even mean the RSX Type R

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
There are only two options, type r rsx, or drop it. But, looking at past generations, the gsr, type r, and si all got along. No one knows for sure, the only thing to do is sit and wait for Honda to announce the future for both cars.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
commador said:
There are only two options, type r rsx, or drop it. But, looking at past generations, the gsr, type r, and si all got along. No one knows for sure, the only thing to do is sit and wait for Honda to announce the future for both cars.
ok look at the compeition in 1999 and look at the competition now.
price range and compeitition today and then. see any difference?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
yes, quite a bit. I am just anxious (like everyone else) to see what happens. I dont know what they are going to do, so I am not going to say if they are dropping the rsx, or keeping it.

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
I'm a firm believer in the RSX

however I do believe that perhaps Acura wants to be known for full luxury/ semi-sport other than the NSX

I'm assuming that Honda will offer this 200 HP in their Accord as well

·
Registered
69 Posts
what the deal

whats the problem with civic and rsx coexist.
the evo coexist with the lancer,two cars that at first glance are the
same,with price diference of 15k.
the same goes for wrxs that have a lesser model almost identical,golfs r32s,
porches gt3,carreras,turbos etc.
acuras and honda has different targets.if you own a rsx your next car
never will be a civic.if you own a acura TL never consider a accord.

·
Registered
626 Posts
crxdom said:
you're missing the point.... its not about comparing a car to its base model variant...

the evo and lancer are 2 completely different cars to drive... whereas the RSX-S and civic-SI will have almost identical hp numbers...6 speed tranny's.... so naturally buyers evaluate both

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
crxdom said:
:eek Wow did you just compare the base Lancer to an Evo. Of course they are able to coexist they are built for different reason. Where as the new Si and RSX-S will be very similar in a lot of ways. Think about it: You are in the market for a brand new Type S and you found one with the options you want for about $24,000, then one of your friends tells you about the new Si and how it cost about $3,000 less with comparable options. More than likley you are going to go with the Si. When I say you I mean you in general.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.