Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.5 INCH OUTLET 4-1 DESIGN FACTORY HEATSHIELD.THIS IS MY FAVORITE HEADER FOR B SERIES ENGINES PLUS IT LOOKS STOCK WITH THE HEAT SHIELD.STEALTH LIKE NINJA

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are right if there was a section called friends dont let friends buy dc sports thats where this thread should be .sorry i hurt your feelings by not being formally correct

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
He is correct... without good information, this review would not be beneficial to anyone looking to purchase a header.

How was the fitment? Any issues installing the jdm header on a US car? What other headers have you tried? How much did you pay? What is your setup? Have you dynoed the header? Do you know what hp gains are to be expected? Why did you choose this header over aftermarket headers? etc... etc...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jdm header would cause an issue it has a 2.5 inch collector.horsepower over stock gs-r header is 8 whp.this factory header has option of heat shields.cost 450 without shipping inlinefour.com.i had an obx 4-2-1 which barely improved horsepower over stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
maybe this would help

:clap :number1
itr 4-1 2.5inch collector fitment is amazing tucks right under and hungs oil pan lets you be slammed without scrrraaaaaping (aslong as your tires aren't tucked) looks stock with heatsheild on not tooo pretty without shield, about a 1/4 to 1/3 compared to stock gsr not the sound has a metalic rhaspy sound @ WOT and hallf throttle and letting off gas the only time you don't get the rhasp is @ idle more of a rumble down there now i would recommend using itr cat (2.5 into 2.25 if your goal in 200-10whp) now i have noticable gain @ 4000rpm and up. low-end did lose anything note @ 6500rpm to 8500 rpm is crazy fun if you don't notice the diffence @ this point (wot) "your car is probbly not started LOL if you guy have any other questions post it Note the heat sheild is the shit the difference between with sheid and not sheild is a good 15 deg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this header on my 95 GSR. I didn't do a before and after dyno, but I did do before and after 1/4 mile runs.
1995 2 door GSR with:
AEM CAI/stock header/stock cat/Apexi WS = [email protected], 2.57 60'
AEM CAI/JDM ITR/Carsound 2.5 in./Apexi WS = [email protected], 2.50 60'

Dropped a half second, gained over 2 mph trap speed.

Fitment was A-OK. fyi....
To install a JDM ITR header into a 2 door 94-99 GSR, you need a cat that is exactly 1 foot long to bridge the gap from the JDM ITR's collector to the stock B pipe location.

This was my first aftermarket header, I paid $350 for it on optauto.com + another $120 for the heatshields. The upper RPM pull was noticeabley improved. I chose this header because of A: Price. B: I had a feeling I would get rid of this header in the future for a more quality piece as my NA build progressed (which I have) so I didn't want to spend alot of dough on a header at the time. C: I wanted the OEM look in the bay.
Still one of the best bang for the buck headers out there.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
^^^ look good. that is one reason why i got that header: OEM look. Do u have a dyno of ur set-up with jdm itr header? I'm interest to see wat kind of powerband u got there with ur 14.6 sec run.

I have to say that i am also happy with the result i recieved from that header. I have a 1996 Integra GS-R sedan at 113k miles. I originally had the smaller exhaust system which dyno at 155 whp and 115 whp at 67 degF (dynojet)

2.75" AEM SRI
2.0" DC sports 4-1 stainless steel header
2.0" to 2.25" carsound catalytic
2.36" Apexi WSII exhaust.
no power-steering

I moved onto the bigger exhaust system since i am doing all-motor built. With the JDM ITR header, i dynoed at 164 whp and 127 wtq at 95 degF (dynojet). I cut out the inner collector to make it a true 2.5" header.

2.75" AEM SRI
2.5" JDM ITR 4-1 header
2.5" Omni testpipe
2.5" K-teller exhaust pipping
2.5" to 3.5" SNL twinloop muffler
no powersteering

similar powerband in both dyno graph before 6k, but after 6k, u can see a significant increase in hp using jdm itr header. i think i would have gotten a few more hp if the weather is cooler and nice. Otherwise, i am very please with the powerband.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My dyno with the JDM ITR is with more than just bolt-on's so it's kinda useless to use as a comparison with your dyno. The engine dyno'd 183whp/133TQ when I did the 14.6 runs. Here's the dyno anyway:

-Comptech Icebox/stock intake arm
-JDM ITR header
-2.5 Carsound cat
-2.5 custom exhaust with Magnaflow straight through muffler
-Spoon cams
-Wiseo pistons, 81.5mm 12:1 CR
-Uberdata tuned

1 - 11 of 11 Posts