Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
not sure, have you tried calling your local dealership? Just out of curiosity, why use Hoda Oil Filter? Why not some aftermarket brand?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use Purolator's Pure One and have never had a problem keep my Mobil 1 Oil clean. Perhaps there are microscopic fragments that get through it's filter, but after 180,000 miles my car still drives strong with no major work done on it.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Check out this review on different kinds of oil filters....it will aid you and eductae you on whats out there and how the filtering mechanism works.
Oil Filter Review

Hope that helps:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
i use Fram filters all the time
i havent notice anything wrong with them. but everybody has something 2 say about them. my car runs fine and i beat ppl when i race them. also i use quakerstate oil as well. and of course ppl have something 2 say about that also. but my engine runs fine and strong so i guess it all depends on the motor.

the reason y i use fram filters, is because of its patented removeal design. dont need a wrench 2 take it off

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Purolator's not too hard to take off either. I don't torque the filter too hard, and I oil the threads, so I usually can get it off with a really strong twist of the hand. Warning though, if you haven't hand torqued a filter before, make sure you check it the next day to see if it's leaking or anything.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
wU-rAcEr said:
.........i beat ppl when i race them.............
you don't really think that has anything to do with your oil filter do you?

·
Registered
419 Posts
clayton said:
you don't really think that has anything to do with your oil filter do you?
no sir, i know my car is faster because of my motor and how i take care of it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
wU-rAcEr said:
no sir, i know my car is faster because of my motor and how i take care of it.
So its rather that its maintained its quickness not that it makes it fast..... using thinner oil may help but its so minute nobody can usually tell. Oil in no way makes your car quicker in a performance aspect. Its main purpose is to lubercate your engine parts and thats how it was designed..... It doesnt really serve a dual purpose other than helping disperse the heat of the engine block but then again all engine oil do this

1 - 14 of 14 Posts