Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what everyone thinks of the Hondata and the new AEM standalone unit. Are there anymore units out there that may be a possibility of using in the Honda/Acura's? And price wise? Do they come with the same features? Does one have an advantage over the other?

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All thats really on my mind right now is getting my car tuned RIGHT! I was told by a dyner tuner that a standalone is the best way to tune any car on the dyno. And neo seems to beleive it too. I want it to be a breeze to tune my car not only to save money from dyno tune, but to do it corectly.

Any other besides the Hondata and the AEM?

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know of any website that I can look up on the Hondata to see if I can get more info on it? I really like the AEM, but I don't know anything about it yet. And plus I'll have to be saving a whole lot for it so I'm gonna start doing it with my Tax $$$!

· Registered
157 Posts
check this out... www.hondata.com

there's also a nifty guide that points out problems and solutions of the Jackson Racing Supercharger kit and of course how Hondata fixes all of them and more in one package, Instead of having like 10 different components. they have a civic si making 230hp on 8psi... i dunno if that is spectacular or not, but it sounds good.

www.groupbuycenter.com has a great deal on em right now.

· Registered
73 Posts
there's also the EFI PMS that me and GVTEC have.

EFI PMS

the only things i like about it over the hondata is that you can switch between fuel/timing maps (3 of them), you can tune w/ a hand held unit anytime, and ease of installation.

i like the hondata (which i dont have) is that you have maps for different injector sizes already made, can riase/lower vtec, and cool little shift light.

· Registered
73 Posts
oh no... on both units you can customize your whole air/fuel and timing curves or maps.

what i meant is that on the PMS you can have up to 3 totally different maps to switch between any time even while driving at the flick of a switch. on the hondata you have one setting just like your stock ECU (yet tuned exactly how you programed it at home).

soooo... on the PMS you could have one setting with advanced timing and fuel for track times with track fuel and 2 other settings for things like freeway driving, city driving, all around driving, or whatever you'd like. to switch between these all you gottta do is turn the switch to 1,2, or 3.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the clear up! Anyone know anyhitng about the AEM besides what it says on their website?

I know that neo went to SEMA and actually talked to one of the AEM reps, but he didn't say much besides its a cool standalone for about $1800 or something. That a whole lot more than what its going for on GB.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay here you go...

My main concern is tunability. How is it compared to the Hondata? The reason for me asking is becasue the AEM is a really new system and I just don't want to spend $$ on something if I can get for less. $$$ is a major issue with me. I'll even wait for it if it means a lower price.

Does the AEM do everything the Hondata does? Does it have more options? More custom map settings available? And what about features? Is ther anything that the Hondata has that the AEM can't do? And finally, if they were can both tune a car equally, then why should I buy the AEM over the Hondata or vice versa?

· Registered
3 Posts
I will sell my aem....If you are intersted let me know. We only had it on the car for about 4 hrs total. ANd it is only two weeks old......I had some issues come up and I need to get rid of it quick. just drop us an email at [email protected] or at my personal address [email protected]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.