Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the hondata s100 that I have. had a problem with my prelude this weekend and monday I am going to have to unhook the battery in my car, will this erase the tuning that I have done? I have had my car dyno tuned for about 3 hours to get my car to run the stage 2 cams and other things with perfect idle and dont want to lose that tuning time. I also will have to make an appointment for tuning if it will be erased as well, any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
no it will not erase. its burnt onto the chip untill you either erase it with a burner or rewrite it, or if you go psycho and smash it with a hammer. disconnecting power will not erase it.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
from my understanding of hondata, the program is burned onto an eprom chip, then put into your ecu. it cannot be erased unless you have a burner and the necessary software to make the changes. someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that is how the hondata worked but wasn't a hundred percent sure. That is the answer I was hoping to hear. I didnt want to have to spend more money on tuning and trying to get last minute appointment. Thanks for the info. :D :D :D

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
if a company came out with something that erased when you replaced your battery......i believe some law suits would pop up :lmao

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hondata ECU Reflash

Saw the ECU reflash figures on Club RSX. Hondata claims 12-20 WHP gain after the re-flash, anyone have any personal experience with this?? Need help b/c I want to add more juice but do not want to go forced induction route just yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts