Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
BerzerkerViP said:
I'd like to see some pic's if any1 has it that is, of a s22 hondata with p28 or any other ecu instaled on 5th generation, im very curious. thanx
It looks like any other ECU, the changes are all inside the ECU on the chip. The only difference for a 5th gen is there will be an adapter harness, which looks like a bundle of wires with plugs on both ends...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
BerzerkerViP said:
hehe, just wanted to see a pic in the car, sorry just interested, btw any of you know where 5th gen prelude ecu located? have not ever checked for it yet :D
under the passenger kick panel. pull back the carpet, then there's a metal plate under there, it's under that. So is the ATTS computer on SH ludes.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
BerzerkerViP said:
thanx. and if i had hondata instaled there, then that would go there also?
I'm not 100% sure on this, cause I've never seen it, but I believe hondata is actually software that is loaded onto a chip that is installed inside the ECU. Not a box like the ECU. Then there's an adapter harness for the OBDI ecu to the OBDII car.

Can someone else verify this?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
BerzerkerViP said:
Weird iv seen the hondata it self, and its a blue box, but i dont know much about it, im still thinking it would go somewhere next to it...
you're not thinking greddy's blue box are you?

I could be wrong, cause like I said, I've never actually seen it.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Dude all you need is a P28 or P72 and get the S100 chip, and the kickdown harness to convert from obdII to obdI. What you are looking at is just the interface box that comes with the S200. Now unless you absolutely have to have datalogging, 3-step, and g-sensor options, i would get the S100. Because thats all the S200 ofters that the S100 doesnt.

How about researching thier site for starters!
http://www.hondata.com/s100.html

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Iv read some stuff about it, i need hondata for boost option, once i start instaling my turbo, and yes i will also be purchasing a p28 ecu, all i wanted was just to c a pic if any1 had them and where instaled, i was just curious, i will be still getting a p28+200 for my car, for my turbo set up.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Bro'!! Get the s100 with Boost option, which is $445. Compared to the s200 that would cost $495, and provide you with a lot of extra shit you dont need or probably would never use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.