Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my car tuned by tdcauto and they said they just finished the baseline run and then they turned the car off. then the car wouldnt start up again. they said that the hondata was working. it would read on the laptop as hondata, but it wouldnt hold a map at all. so my car is in spartanburg, overnight, outside, and its in a bad part of town. which makes me worry.

but what i dont understand is that how does it jsut go bad? i dont understand. could they uploaded a virus? some of the wiring go bad? honestly i dont know. anything you guys say will help im sure. i am getting the car to my house soon because im using a friends ecu to move it but after that im pretty much on my own.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
They're totally replacing or at least reflashing your ECU now that it doesn't work right? I've never seen that happen. To my knowledge it's a pretty instantaneous process.

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're totally replacing or at least reflashing your ECU now that it doesn't work right? I've never seen that happen. To my knowledge it's a pretty instantaneous process.
i dont understand the first sentence. but with hondata all they do is hit upload and the peramiters are changed. its not like its hard, but i just dont understand how it was fine one moment and ate shit the next.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Have you contacted the manufacturer? or did you get the s300 second hand?

I would think a wire or connector fell off or something simple.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Have you contacted the manufacturer? or did you get the s300 second hand?

I would think a wire or connector fell off or something simple.
That's what I was thinking. There's no "working time" for doing that, is what I was trying to say. The mechanic or whoever was just bullshitting you because they didn't know what happened. Just like when I used to work in retail, and I didn't want to figure out what someone was asking for cause I didn't know, so I'd just make shit up like "we used to have those... now we don't"... or "Oh... you mean the little thingy with the ends on it..." Or, "your bench looks like shit because that spray paint is no good..." much like... "oh... well it doesn't work right now, because the hndata is working... yeah... that's it... working..."

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the hondata ecu is working for the most part. all it does it turn on. it doesnt read anything at all. it reads on the laptop as hondata s300. so it works, but the only thing that it doesnt do it store a map. i joined a hondata forum and am asking questions over there. i guess ill post up information as i learn new things. i was kinda hoping that there would be some ancient guru that knew everything about hondata on this site. those people do exist... but i dont know about here

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow ok so i had to tow the car here yesterday. so tdcauto fucked up my car and blamed it on me. and i know exactly what they did. they had it on the dyno to tune and they made changed and uploaded it to the s300 ecu. they have a newer version of the software than the ecu had. (a good tuner should have looked for updates first) and it just stopped working because it wouldnt read a map off of the new program. so i paid 120 to get my car towed from the shop to my house. and 2 minutes working on my car i got it to be just like new. so they lied to me in the sence that they just turned off the car and it stopped working. thats bullshit. and they said that my ecu is totally gone. bullshit. if a 16 yearold can fix something that "professionals" couldnt do then they should not be running a tunning shop. oh and where was their customer service? "oh well its your ecu and it fucked up not my problem" i learned a lesson with all of this. if i want shit done, im going to do it myself. when i get money im going to buy a wideband and street tune it for more than they could.

· Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
wow that sucks
good lesson learned though. Atleast it didn't cost you a motor.
Thats the problem with the whole industry, shitheads starting shops that think they know what they are doing. We had that problem alot in my area.

· Registered
86 Posts
wow that sucks
good lesson learned though. Atleast it didn't cost you a motor.
Thats the problem with the whole industry, shitheads starting shops that think they know what they are doing. We had that problem alot in my area.
We do too man! Almost over 90% of the shops here are bull shit too, including Pep Boys. They take your old oil, use a strainer and sell you that oil back for your engine if you get it changed there. Know a guy that works there...they don't even send it out to get recycled not to mention put new oil in the car in the first place.

FOR THE GUY posting this:

Now for the tuning shop (pick your target wisely), get 1 parts iron oxide (eBay) and 3 Parts aluminum poweder (eBay) ****might be the other way around***, mix it up and that gives you thermite. Put that baby in a flower pot and light that with a high heat flame like a torch. Once lit it can NOT be stopped, even with liquid nitrogen or anything for that matter (VIDEO BELOW) and thermite the size of a roll of pennies will eat right through the engine block and everything underneath where it hits, and the hole under the flower pot will give you slow release of the molten chemical mixture. Once lit run like hell, cuz it's bright, it causes a lot of smoke and there is no reversing it.

[Please don't try this at home or for illegal uses, I take no responsibility for the use of this information in any way and share this information as purpose of knowledge, small talk and conversation only. You and you alone are responsible for your own actions and if you try to make thermite or use this information to cause trouble know this.

It is Yo ass that will remain silent when caught. Anything you say can and will be used to bust yo ass in the court of law. You will have the right to the most dumb fuck free attorney available if you can't afford one yourself. I know you undastand yo rights homie! Johnny Cockerein ain't available at this moment.

Feel free to leave a message at your local fire station before you go hunting. If you decide to do so please put up a video on youtube with link. No names or faces necessary, just great fireworks. Oh don't go after someone elses car holmes! No I ain't Mexican, nothing wrong with that though]

· Registered
86 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Fuck that noise, get a ride to their shop and explain how you found THEY fucked up. Demand your money back or else. They SHOULD give you a refund,. Fiel a complaint to the better business bouruea (however thats spelled) If they are a legit business, they are a registered businesss and threat of a complaint can majke them refund your money so they dont have to deal with that. Someone back me up if im right. if im wrong lemem know. buit im pretty sure thats how most businesses operate

· Registered
110 Posts
Fuck that noise, get a ride to their shop and explain how you found THEY fucked up. Demand your money back or else. They SHOULD give you a refund,. Fiel a complaint to the better business bouruea (however thats spelled) If they are a legit business, they are a registered businesss and threat of a complaint can majke them refund your money so they dont have to deal with that. Someone back me up if im right. if im wrong lemem know. buit im pretty sure thats how most businesses operate
x2. i totally agree with what matt said

· Registered
1,174 Posts
BBB all the way. Those guys can pull their business license. Also, you can call some news companies as well. There's a company here that operates on channel 5, that's a news company, and they have a program called "5 on your side" and I've used them to give a few companies a bad rep. They basically go to the business that wronged you and interview them on what a horrible thing they did and make them look like assholes, and then broadcast it all over TV. Which is wonderful, and usually the threat of that was enough to get my money back. Try anything you can. BBB will put a claim into it easy enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.