Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on getting one of these, or both if able. i know you can do more with hondata but could i also use a safc with it? i plan on boosting my b18b1 soon and want to know the best for my buck. i know one guy that had hondata but he was still had his safc hooked up? was i seeing things? r is that even possible? any info would be helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
hondata=crap+a bunch of rip off artists
safc2=crap, but i would settle for that before the honcrapa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
road.head said:
wow.

i hope your kidding. If not, end yourself.
no im not kidding i use to like honcrapa but since i realized that they only want your money and wont help you out by UPDATING THEIR SOFTWARE FOR ROMEDITOR which they've been saying that they are for the last 2 years now and they haven't i will always talk down about honcrapa for #1shitty customer service on the face of the planet i hate that shit so much i destroyed there little blue box there romulator there programmer and sent it to them as a reminder that they suck everyone i know that has a hondata ive got to toss their system and get something better cuz i refuse to tune honcrapa!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,969 Posts
fuccarlos said:
no im not kidding i use to like honcrapa but since i realized that they only want your money and wont help you out by UPDATING THEIR SOFTWARE FOR ROMEDITOR which they've been saying that they are for the last 2 years now and they haven't i will always talk down about honcrapa for #1shitty customer service on the face of the planet i hate that shit so much i destroyed there little blue box there romulator there programmer and sent it to them as a reminder that they suck everyone i know that has a hondata ive got to toss their system and get something better cuz i refuse to tune honcrapa!!!
First of all, stop calling it "honcrapa," you sound like an idiot.

Secondly, dont be mad because YOU cant figure out how to get it to work.

Hondata is one of the best tuning systems for and application on hondas, BAR NONE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
ya ok honcrapa is the best i should go take my ems outta my car and trade up for a s300 cuz there the shit way better than aem! anybody want to trade me for there honcrapa for my aem ems ????????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,429 Posts
I guess you totally missed the point of the discussion which was why a standalone system is better than a piggy-back setup.

Sorry to hear about the HondaCrap that you had. Toobad it could have done the same thing as your AEM EMS. Unless you are a total drag queen, the AEM EMS is really overkill. Plus the cost of it is outragous.

Something like Crome, uber, or neptune would have been a better second option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
female four said:
I guess you totally missed the point of the discussion which was why a standalone system is better than a piggy-back setup.

Sorry to hear about the HondaCrap that you had. Toobad it could have done the same thing as your AEM EMS. Unless you are a total drag queen, the AEM EMS is really overkill. Plus the cost of it is outragous.

Something like Crome, uber, or neptune would have been a better second option.
aem ems is hands down the best investment ive made so far and i own two of them and im sorry to say that honcrapa doesnt even do a 1/4 of what this computer does it doesnt have onboard datalogging you cant change your rpm breakpoints or load breakpoints it doesnt have knock control,o2 feedback control.it doesnt control boost by gears the list goes on and on and on top of that you have to pay for there shitty software which is so outdated its not funny!

i had it in my car until i got itbs on my crx and then it was no use to me unless i spent another 500 to get the s300 so why in the hell would i want to spend more money on top of the s200,romulator,pocket programmer? i talked to them and asked if i could send there system back and trade it in for there s300 and they said sorry we dont do trade in's then they said there coming out with romeditor4 for the s200 unit that would support itbs and that was a year and a half ago so what am i supposed to do wait all this time for my car to run dont think so.

so i ponied up and dropped a $1000 on a system that give you free software,24tech support,and a nice warranty. there software is easy to use everything has a wizard with a list of applications to choose from if you dont believe me go to there site and download there software its FREE!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
obviously you have never heard of Neptune. Ur a tool man. Anyone knows that its not the program that makes you fast. Its the person behind the computer. Obviously whoever did you car couldnt understand hondata and preferred EMS.

Hondata s300 can do everything AEM can do. With the exception of maybe a couple of worthless options. I guess since hondata has such a bad rep :rolleyes , that no one will use it. Get real, get a life, stfu....your an idiot.


:byye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
actually i have heard of neptune was actually gonna get that system but then i would have to take it to somebody to get it tuned cuz at the time no software was being offered to the public . so why would i want to take my cars to get tuned on a dyno when i have 24/7 full access to a dyno where i work?

and since you think the s300 can do everything the ems can do where is its built in datalogger and built in wideband you know those worthless options that you dont need? oh thats right they dont offer it do they? thought so.

ive tuned plenty of cars on just about every system out there to know that if you want complete engine control you need a stand alone system not some piggyback circut board that adapts to your stock ecu. cuz your still bound by limitations
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Like i said. If you are more comfortable with AEM, you will make more power simply because you know the program better.


hondata has built in datalogging......guess you missed that part. So what it has its own wideband. you still have to buy it after paying 1200+ dollars for the standalone unit.
http://hondata.com/s300.html

thats everything you will ever need. Now, i have no problems with you liking aem. Its a great program. Many people use it. But to say that hondata is crap is just being ignorant. Maybe you just suck at tuning hondata.

I, myself use Crome Pro. 150 dollar program where i can map trace and do real time tuning. It doesnt have some of the "luxuries" of s300 and AEM, but it gets the job done. Not to mention you can tune with the alpha-N map.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
99_CivicEX said:
fuccarlos maybe you should get your hands of your dick and learn how to use a computer.
i know how to use a computer thats why my car runs 10's oh and did i mention i run that on a stock motor! so stfu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Hondata and all these other EMS systems are complete garbage, AEM is the ONLY way to go.

You guys can talk all the shit you want about fuccarlos, but he's the only guy I trust to tune my whip. The kid knows his shit.

Hondata wants you to buy their EMS systems, but after you get it, your screwed, no updates no nothing, they just want your cash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
road.head said:
Like i said. If you are more comfortable with AEM, you will make more power simply because you know the program better.


hondata has built in datalogging......guess you missed that part. So what it has its own wideband. you still have to buy it after paying 1200+ dollars for the standalone unit.
http://hondata.com/s300.html

thats everything you will ever need. Now, i have no problems with you liking aem. Its a great program. Many people use it. But to say that hondata is crap is just being ignorant. Maybe you just suck at tuning hondata.

I, myself use Crome Pro. 150 dollar program where i can map trace and do real time tuning. It doesnt have some of the "luxuries" of s300 and AEM, but it gets the job done. Not to mention you can tune with the alpha-N map.
i use to run hondcrapa in my all motor car i had it tuned putting down 240 to the wheels with the stock intake manifold that was holding it back on the hp so i got itbs then im ready to start tuning it again and guess what the s200 i have would not work with the itbs honcrapa has been promising a software update for the s200 users for over a year and a half the last update they ever had was on nov 8 2005 so i talked to jeff on the neptune setup for my car he said id have to bring it to phoenix when i wanted it tuned and would not recieve software to tune it myself if i made changes at a later time so i said fuck it and bought an aem cuz in the long run id end up spending more money in tuning and gas driving to and from tucson . so it comes down to this honcrapa doesnt give a fuck about there customers there customer service is the worst ive ever dealt with and if you want proof go on there forums there are so many problems with there products i wont even go there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
You stated you tuned your AEM yourself, then why did you need to drive to Pheonix to tune your Hondata? And if your going to dis something may be you should know how to use it first.


Oh by the way 10.85 sec @ 112 on D16Y8 using Hondata and tuned my self.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top