Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the dyno charts for stock vs. ECU reflash for a type S. Anyone have any personal experience with this particular mod?? If so, is the performance gain worth the approx. $800?? Any help is appreciated as I am trying to gain WHP via NA, not forced induction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
x2lacrosse said:
Saw the dyno charts for stock vs. ECU reflash for a type S. Anyone have any personal experience with this particular mod?? If so, is the performance gain worth the approx. $800?? Any help is appreciated as I am trying to gain WHP via NA, not forced induction.
I've got an 05, and I know that they have not yet cracked the ECU for it yet, but I am definately going to purchase it once it's available. I heard that they were working on a crossover harness to convert so you can use an 04 ecu, but I'm not sure about that either. I do know that the gains ARE worth the money, and I dont think it's $800, more like $400 or so.

check hondata.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
I have been running a Hondata ECU for about 2 years now without any complaints. It is hands down the best mod you can do to the car. If you plan on going N/A, you wont get very far without Hondata.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ECU w/o others

Think getting just an ECU reflash WITHOUT any other mods would do any good?? I'm talking stock everything except for the Hondata ECU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
is it worth getting is if your going to get a SC ? or does the jr sc come with one ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
adamH20 said:
is it worth getting is if your going to get a SC ? or does the jr sc come with one ??
You're going to need a Hondata Reflash calibrated for the JRSC which is can be bought w/ the kit from JR, but if you won't maximize gains unless you get you get Kpro. Either way you can't run without Hondata going S/C.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,438 Posts
i <3 hondata......

they make a good ecu but you have to have the necicary hardware (cai, etc.) to make the maximum gains and fully get the most out of your investment....

personally most of the good things i have heard about hondata involve turbochargers, but if you want to run n/a, you are in for a noble effort, but i'm not sure how much ur gonna gain, and thus whether its worth it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
hobie237 said:
i <3 hondata......

they make a good ecu but you have to have the necicary hardware (cai, etc.) to make the maximum gains and fully get the most out of your investment....

personally most of the good things i have heard about hondata involve turbochargers, but if you want to run n/a, you are in for a noble effort, but i'm not sure how much ur gonna gain, and thus whether its worth it
Hondata has several ECU choices avaible for the rsx. I wouldn't waste my time with Hondata unless I had an Intake.

With just a cai and Hondata, the car will much quicker then stock. If you want to reach your cars full potential, your gonna need K-pro. With the K-pro comes a responsiblity to learn more about your car (and the K-pro), and to monitor it. That a sacrifice you have to decide if your willing to make.

Hondata works great for all motor K20A(2)'s and for boosted K series. I believe there cybernation map made 55whp over cybernations guardian.....but thats a whole nother topic I don't wanna get into to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
just one Quick Q.

I am not living in CA currently.
Do i have to send my ECU to Irvine, CA where the hondata located?

I am thinking to get hondata after I am done with CAI, Header, and Cat back.
Do I need to reprogram the ECU when I get another new mod for my car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hondata Process

hsiaokang said:
just one Quick Q.

I am not living in CA currently.
Do i have to send my ECU to Irvine, CA where the hondata located?

I am thinking to get hondata after I am done with CAI, Header, and Cat back.
Do I need to reprogram the ECU when I get another new mod for my car?
Yes, you have to send them your ECU, key and immobilizer.
I think it's recommended that you reset your ECU after each mod you do. That way, the ECU will re-learn with the new mod.

Good Luck
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top