Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you can honestly say you get challenged or
reved at by other cars, often???

My SH is lowered with an exhaust tinted out and no one challenges me???

Since owning my car now for 3 years
I have only had one stranger, musta been 17 years of age, comment on how he liked my car and wanted to know If I was selling it, all the other times I catch people staring at my car while in other cars but no one ever revved at me.

jay

· Registered
1,434 Posts
I get revved on all the time, as a matter of fact i was sittin at a red light yesterday and there was an rx7 beside me, well when teh light turned green i was wavin at a friend across the road from me and he was justa racin me...it was pretty funny cuz i wasnt payin any attention to him.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That must be it then, I just don't pay attention to notice it?

But I can honestly say that for the most part no one ever comes up to me wanting to race.

jay

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or maybe it's a sexist thing...
guys would rather have fun with gals
than guys with guys...

jay

· Registered
1,434 Posts
lude1sh said:
Or maybe it's a sexist thing...
guys would rather have fun with gals
than guys with guys...

jay
lol...i'd hope so..haha
but seriously that may be it tho, when guys see girls its almost liek theyre tryin to show off and most guys dont think girls know anything. Althogh when u see a guy in a hooked up car, u thin maybe he DOES have somthing under the hood..lets see if you can make sense out of what ijust said.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get you...

And you are right...but from what I read
most of the times it's a guy trying to race a guy...I never get anyone wanting to race, just A-holes tailing me tempting me to go faster giving me the brights.

jay

· Registered
660 Posts
shit happened to me like twince, one these 2 guys in a jetta,
and the other time a camaro.
did go with any of them, just chilled.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
in my area usually guys with all that body kit bullshit are nothing but show cars....the guys with the shitty lookin cars are usually the fast ones

· Registered
623 Posts
trust me i know that whole deal here to.....i know 2 guys personally that ran 11's in their hatches and they're cars look like shiet. What im saying is i dont get the respect just becasue i have a bodykit. Why is it bullshiet?? Really?? If im fast..then im fast. Its all in my preference how i want my car to look. Just becasue it looks a certain way doesnt mean it cant be fast.

Ive been up north a bunch of time and have been to the races down by SAc and by San Jo. CArs are the same deal...i havce seen many cars w/ body kits that smoke the oh so famous sleepers and JDM guys. I have nothing against JDM and Im even taking my body kit off soon and heading that route. I'm not doing to jump on the bandwagon, but have figured out that simple is whats for me. The whole flashy thing is too high maintenance.

· Registered
566 Posts
Shit....I got revved on all the time when I had my 96 EX...didn't make sense though...I had chrome wheels on it, and coilovers....Nobody thought I wanted to race, surely...I guess it was just that people knew I had an automatic and hadn't touched anything under the hood...so they thought it would look cool to beat someone who wasn't trying...kinda like picking on the little people, but I'm not little, if you know what I'm saying...they just know they can't hang with the big boys, so they find people they know they can beat I guess....stupid..

· Registered
712 Posts
man , i used to always rev at people when i first got my intake. i thought i was so cool back in the day. now i realize how childish it is to rev and i just laugh when morons do it to me. for instance, the first day of school some goon with a 5th gen lude saw me pulling out and so he pulled up next to me and revved his crap, then took off like mighty mouse! of course he had to have the wannabe thug looking stare too when he revved, ya know, trying to be hard and everything!

· Registered
1,428 Posts
its bullshit only beacause of the people that do all these conversions and they look like crap....or they slap on some altezza tails and think they get 1000hp from that.....i give respect when its due but like i said...in my area...almost all of the guys with kits are just doing it kauze they watch the fast and the furious and now they are jumping on the bandwagon......i am going JDM on my car...only because of functionality (the hood bumps up rather then down)....and the interior is a lot better looking then on the USDM CRX......another thing....usually the cars i see rollin around with kits n shit just dont look that good.....

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't want the attention but the way most people make it out to be is that everyone in an import, suped up import, is getting revved at.

I don't get revved at.

jay

· Registered
114 Posts
i get people wanting to race me several times a month. i'm not stupid like they are, or maybe they can afford the tickets and high insurance. i do get respect though. every time i pull into one of the local tuner shops or the local 7-11 or even just to get gas. someone is allways asking if the hatchback belongs to my son. when i tell them it's mine they allways comment on how good it looks. i think it blows them away that a guy as old as their father owns it.

· Registered
623 Posts
see in ur opinion...CRXtc...its ugly..by why should that judge the performance of a car....

i really hate those people that are into this whole jdm trend and try clowning on a real clean car w/ a kit, just becasue it isnt JDM. Guess what...before any of this JDM craze got here there was bodykits. They try to front like they never liked them or gave compliments to such a thing.

· Registered
747 Posts
i got revved today in my 97 accord with a bw kit.. the guy was in a GT mustang and was revving like crazy with the music.. he started following us and trying to race us but i was doing speed limit.. he even flicked us off a couple times.. i just chilled and thought.. "what an idiot"

and this other time.. i was doing speed limit.. since my exhaust is super duper loud.. this guy in a mx-6 thought i was racing him.. and when we got to the next light.. he motion his hand in a jacking off type of way.. saying im like a pussy or something..

mean people these days..

· Registered
623 Posts
i had the same problem w/ this guy w/ a type-r that i always see. We would always be going opposite ways and he'd be revving on me. I finnaly got my chance when i was on the freeway. I saw him coming up fast in my rear view. Once he got up to me...he gave a me a couple vulgar hand gestures so he pissed me off eeven more. Man by the time i was done w/ him i had broke him off by bus loads..it wasnt even funny. he then had the balls to cuss me out and say i aint shiet....

· Registered
375 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yo uniderxtrous u got aim or yahoo im from carson cali and i am trying to find someone to ask some questions about b20vtec and where to get a b20z motor please post your aim or yahoo name and empty out ur pm box thanx man.........:cool:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.