Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I install hood pins? Is there any kind of write up? I want to make sure I install them right. I am also a little confused on how hood pins work. Can someone explain.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
hood pins keep the hood down in case of the hood latch failing. in order to install them all you have to do is drill holes in the hood, and put them together, depending on what kind you have. this has been covered quite a few times on SHO, a search should come up with quite a few threads... also a search on google should yeild some websites with useful info

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IISaiNtII said:
hood pins keep the hood down in case of the hood latch failing. in order to install them all you have to do is drill holes in the hood, and put them together, depending on what kind you have. this has been covered quite a few times on SHO, a search should come up with quite a few threads... also a search on google should yeild some websites with useful info
I figured out how to install them. All I needed was a closeup picture of a hood pin:

Which was do I install them. They way in the above picture or like this:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wouldn't suggest hood pins unless you put them in right and have an alarm ontop of them.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
hood pins are only recommended if u have a light hoods cuz when u goin on high speed, it'll fly off.. that why it is there. U wont need it if ur hoods are heavy unless u wanna go for look. U'll be drilling a hole u know, so i would recommended u to take it to the shop and have them professional drill, but unless u wanna do it urself. there are also a pole (for lock) where u mount it inside the engine bay then install the hood pin on top of the hood. when u key it to lock it, it'll attach it to the pole to hold them.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
hood pins are only recommended if u have a light hoods...
recommended, but still not required, more like a "plan b" in case the latch fails... i have a carbon fiber hood, and locking hood pins, not ones like you have pictured above, they are actual locks... also it shouldn't matter which way you put them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts