Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just me or did no 4g lude come with a clip to keep the hood prop in its hole? i realize there is a clip on the pass side near your coolant resevoir but i dont have that. is there suppose to be a clip of some sort on the drivers side? my hood prop keeps falling out all over my engine bay and seems to always come close to making contact with my belts. ive checked several junkyard ludes and none seem to have it either... if there is or suppost to be one could i get the honda part # if anyone knows it of hand. thanks guys! :number1

·
Registered
425 Posts
from what i know, theres only one hood prop clip and its on the passenger side, attached to a square body paint color piece.
i didnteven have that when i bought my car, but my body guy snagged one of a 94 si he had in the shop. the second time i used it, the base cracked, but it still stops it from going around, it just remains attached to the hood rod at all times lol
im not sure about any others...

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
theres one on the driver side to hold the rod in place, theres one at the top of the rod to hold it in the hood and theres one on the passenger side to hold it there while you're driving.

which one are you talking about

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the one on the drivers side to hold the rod in place... i found a clip today off junkyard accord that looked like it may work... but the end of the prop that goes into your cross member has a lip on it that woulnt allow me to slide the clip over it. maybe i can rig somethin idk.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
904lude said:
the one on the drivers side to hold the rod in place... i found a clip today off junkyard accord that looked like it may work... but the end of the prop that goes into your cross member has a lip on it that woulnt allow me to slide the clip over it. maybe i can rig somethin idk.
why dont you just go to honda and buy one. its not like its an expensive part that the dealer can rape you with the price.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
94andmore said:
Every time I go to my friendly home town dealer I am raped. They don't believe in consensual selling!
you could probably pay for it with the change from under your seat.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was mainly just curious if there was even suppose to be a clip there holding it into the cross member. so i prob will stop into honda and snag one before my hood prop snags one of my belts!

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
petern101 said:
why go to the local dealership when they probably have to order online anyways

go to slhonda or majestic honda dealerships
my dad didnt have to order mine and he works at a relatively small dealership...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.