Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to get a carbon fiber hood or a hood
with vents on them. I would like to know if it is bad
to have some vents on the hood when it rains
or snow because water will get in the engine? Will it be risky to have a hood with vents on them

· Registered
160 Posts
From what I've seen the predator hood doesn't let water into any place where it should cause a problem. It's the best I've seen for Turbo cars. Most vented carbon hoods are fake vents that don't actually vent the bay. If you're getting a real Ram air system then snow and rain could be a problem.

· Registered
16 Posts
I don't think that if the water got onto your engine it would be a problem. ONTO your engine, NO BIG DEAL...but INSIDE your engine, BIG DEAL...

Do you guys know what GUNK is? The engine degreaser? Anyways, when you degrease your engine you rinse it off with water right? But you gotta start it right after unless it won't start anymore... So a little water won't hurt, especially since your engine is already running, you don't have to worry about it not starting.

· Registered
160 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

i would imagine if the vents were like right over engine and you had a short ram intake it could hurt your car but other than that no. then again if you have the bypass valve you can let as mush rain hit it as you want to.

peace
scott g :vpleased:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.