Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 channels amp in the trunk. I only have the rear speakers hooked to the amp at the moment, by running speaker wires from the amp to the rear speakers. I'd like to hook the front speakers to the amp as well. is there a different way to do that beside running speaker wires from the amp to the front speakers? I found it hard to run speaker wires through the door to the front speakers. Can I run the speaker wires from the amp to the head unit and hook up the front speakers to the amp from there?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have an aftermarket head unit with 1 RCA preamp out. i took the hard way by routing each new speaker wire from the amp to the speaker itself. but i could only run speakers wire to the rear ones. Can you explain how i could power all four speakers through the head unit to the amp please?

·
Registered
397 Posts
buy wire and run it from the amp to the speakers. your aftermarket headunit will have enough power to push your front speakers adequately unless you have somehow put some 400 watt 6X9's or something in there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
buy wire and run it from the amp to the speakers.
Thats what I have right now, speaker wire running from amp to rear speakers.
I wanted to power the front speakers as well, but without having to run wire from the trunk through the doors.
My question is, is it possible to power all four speakers by running wire from the amp to the head unit?
when i listem to music in the car, i can only hear the sound from the rear speakers, its way more powerful. I can't hear the sound from the front speakers unless I put my ear next to it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
since you only have one preamp out on the head unit, get one of these, they carry them at walmart too,

Amazon.com: Scosche SLC4 Speaker Level Converter With 80 Watt Max: Car Electronics

since you already have access to your back speakers it makes it easier, you are going ro have to take out the head unit, now you need to disconnect the wires to the front speakers at the head unit, you are going to run new speaker wires from the disconnected wires for the front speakers to the trunk for the amp, you are also going to run yet another set of speaker wires from the head unit back to the trunk to connect to this line level converter, they will go into front left and front right inputs on the converter, the wires that come from your head unit that go to the rear speakers, they go into left rear and right rear inputs, now you need two short sets of rca cables, these will go from the outputs on the line level converter to the four channels on the amp, now the rear speakers connect to the rear channels on the amp, and the wires running to the front speakers connect to the front channels, adjust your gains as needed on the converter. doing it this way allows you to retain your fader functions on the head unit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
before anyone says why not run rca cables? yes you could, but it's a long run, and since speaker wires have to be run anyway, a speaker level signal is much more resistant to induced noise, it's easier to run a set of speaker wires from the front speaker level out on the head unit, and another set back to the front speakers. then only a very short run of cables are line level signal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.