Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you remember, im in art school for graphic design. last quarter i posted my weekly work on here and you guys helped me out quite a bit. this quarter though, its not image manipulation, the class is called Digital Typography, which is basically just a lot of Illustrator work. so withought further ado, here my first project:

we're supposed to make a poster advertising an event of some sort. all of the art i made, and all of the band names are made up. as always, comments are welcome.

edit: im not too concerned about the proportions of the guitar/strings/blah

·
Registered
405 Posts
i hated doing typograghpy, it felt pointless. good job on the poster but i ttook me a while to find the name of the "Made In China" band.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
i like the new one better, although the text in the guitar looks like it should be on a menu for a restaraunt. maybe change up the size on the the "on night only...." text.

but better locale this pic, :btu.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5genlude said:
i like the new one better, although the text in the guitar looks like it should be on a menu for a restaraunt. maybe change up the size on the the "on night only...." text.

but better locale this pic, :btu.
duley (sp?) noted, thanks mang :tu

·
Banned
1,898 Posts
I like the second one better,but the "guest" bands should all be the same size imo. i'd move them to the empty space to the right of the guitar and make the guitar look more realistic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
thats sweet. i had to make this for my shadow project.(had to use only black, white, and 2 other colors)

would've looked better but i did save for web.

·
Banned
1,898 Posts
That freehand or trace? I like it. I think the GIF format helped(most likely)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cb7racer said:
thats sweet. i had to make this for my shadow project.(had to use only black, white, and 2 other colors)

would've looked better but i did save for web.
nice work man

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea its kinda funny how doing little simple shit will totally change a composistion. like changing the background color, and then adding the negative space on the upper left corner, makes a huge difference

1 - 17 of 17 Posts