Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup Peeps?
I have a 97 civic EX. I have installed a Cold Air intake, 4-2-1 Headers and Magnaflow catback exhaust. I was thinking about upgrading the ignition coil and distributor cap next. Will I see any improvement in horse power with this upgrade? If so could you explain why? Does more spark mean more horse power? My cousin suggested this as my next move. I wanted a second opinion to be sure if that is the route I want to go?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
no. don't waste your money on those mods.

only when you're running a pretty much full race setup would oem not suffice for what you're needing. the oem units are good until you start nearing 300hp, and you're about 200hp away. if they're still the original parts, you could replace them with the same-you *might* see some additional performance, increase in gas mileage, etc, etc...

personally, i would save my money for something else.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
CuRTDoG said:
With my current setup what would you do next?

4-2-1 dc header

cold air-intake

magnaflow catback exhaust.

What direction should I go in?

Pulleys maybe?
depends on what you're wanting out of the car really. just something quicker to get around town? track car? drag? a little street/strip perhaps?

supsension upgrades are important, and make driving around alot more fun.

You've got the y8, so you could go with a cam upgrade, with an adjustable cam gear... but whatever you want to do next, you're going to need to get an EMS, because tuning is emminent.

i was intending on going with a turbo setup with hondata s200. that requires your state to be relaxed on emissions, and access to someone who can tune with hondata (or someone who can tune in your area period). also, requires converting to obd1 (you have obd2a, which obd2 is untunable at this point) this can be pretty tricky if you're in a more rural setting, there may be some traveling required.

buuuttt.... then my engine decided to get angry with me. so i'm swapping to a b18b with a gsr tranny now. probably going to turbo that down the road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Magnaflow Exhaust

UaeBoost.net said:
hey,
quick Q's. Im interested in getting the Magnflow for my 4Dr SiR.
Do u find it loud? Any regrets? etc etc.
Yes Very loud....lol. Mostly when I hit 2500 to 3500 RPMS. But im not using a catalytic converter either. Someone told me that it may quiet it down a bit when I put my new High flow converter on. If it's still loud Im thinking of capping it off. Yeah, Yeah I know that will cost me horses. But what are you gonna do? I got neighbors...lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.